Another Cheesehead. Hello from Wisconsin!

Just picked up my 2015 FJ last Saturday. 1 owner, 1100 miles. Dealer did a full service on it, threw on brand new rubber, the whole shebang. She's all ready for the roads to get clean! 

I rode for over 20 years, and hung it up for a couple. Started on dirt bikes as a kid, graduated to street a week after I got my regular DL. Always been a sport-touring type. Was actually looking at a Concours 14, but fell in love with the FJ. After the 90 mile ride home I definitely think it was the right one! 

FB_IMG_1615672560632.jpg

Edited by rwrmilton
Fixed misspelled title
  • Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Congrats, man.  The upright position coupled with that delightful engine make these things a winner, and at a bargain, too.

Love that colour ;)

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

56 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Welcome!  Wow another 15 with no miles. It blows my mind how this happens.  That and 80's bikes with 20k miles.  What do people buy bikes for?

In the case of mine I actually know the answer. It lived at his vacation house as a second bike, and only got used a couple times a year. Otherwise it was in a garage on stands and a tender. I guess they decided a side by side made more sense for up there since you can run them on streets now as well as trails. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, rwrmilton said:

Just picked up my 2015 FJ last Saturday. 1 owner, 1100 miles. Dealer did a full service on it, threw on brand new rubber, the whole shebang. She's all ready for the roads to get clean!

1100 miles in 6 years, still BRAND NEW.  At this point any of the quirks or shortcomings have been identified and solutions available. 

Since its a 2015, have the service department check for any recalls and look at the clutch cable - the original had a stepped sort of curve right out of the perch vs the new revised cable which is a smooth curve, the original was prone to fraying inside the sheath.

Also look at the bottom of the oil sump, the original had the drain bolt on the bottom which could potentially catch on a speed bump and the newer revision moved the bolt facing forward.

Enjoy the new ride!!!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

15 minutes ago, betoney said:

1100 miles in 6 years, still BRAND NEW.  At this point any of the quirks or shortcomings have been identified and solutions available. 

Since its a 2015, have the service department check for any recalls and look at the clutch cable - the original had a stepped sort of curve right out of the perch vs the new revised cable which is a smooth curve, the original was prone to fraying inside the sheath.

Also look at the bottom of the oil sump, the original had the drain bolt on the bottom which could potentially catch on a speed bump and the newer revision moved the bolt facing forward.

Enjoy the new ride!!!

I got the full service workup report from them when I picked it up. They did all the recalls, changed all the fluids, and put on new tires. Even put a new battery in as a good measure. Speaking of recalls, there is one they did listed about a cam chain tensioner, too. 

• Like 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, rwrmilton said:

cam chain tensioner

When I asked my dealership about that, they said my '15 had the 3rd revision of the cam chain tensioner.  I mean, that's good - I'm glad it has it, but...3rd revision?  I wonder what the complexity is/was.

Anyway, sounds like you're ready to carve up some asphalt :)  You got a deal IMHO.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, knyte said:

When I asked my dealership about that, they said my '15 had the 3rd revision of the cam chain tensioner.  I mean, that's good - I'm glad it has it, but...3rd revision?  I wonder what the complexity is/was.

Anyway, sounds like you're ready to carve up some asphalt :)  You got a deal IMHO.

The little bit I've got to ride it, it's already got my love. Roads got some good rain, and next weekend is looking gorgeous so far, so hoping to get her out and stretch those legs some. 

• 2 months later...

Hello neighbor! I picked up my '16 FJ-09 a few months ago, been enjoying it immensely.

We should catch up sometime, there are plenty of nice roads in the Kettle Moraine area to do some scenic rides.

Be safe.