Givi Screen Swap

jetpilot5

I changed out the stock screen on my base model Niken today for a Givi D2122s. I read online that screens for the 15-17 FJ-09 are a direct bolt on for the base Niken. Turns out that information is accurate. The screen fit perfect. Very nicely made with a medium smoke tint and a little thicker than the stock screen. I'm really happy with the fit and looks. Seems like it was made for the Niken.

I haven't had the chance to ride with it yet but am hoping to get a little better wind protection. Still some cool days here in the Midwest and the wind has been ferocious lately. It appears to be about 4 inches taller than stock so that should make a difference. I'll post up how it works once I have some miles on it.

For me this is a bigger screen. For you GT guys this would be a smaller screen, maybe a summer option. I don't see any reason this wouldn't work on the GT but the windshield stay would need to be changed over to the base model.

Givi 2122sd.jpg

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

The top picture isn't mine. It's one I found online while doing research but shows the screen well out of the package. The model number is a little different because in Europe Givi is sold under the Kappa brand.

One more picture from the cockpit side.

IMG_1826.JPG

• Supporting Member
On 4/1/2021 at 8:23 PM, jetpilot5 said:

The top picture isn't mine. It's one I found online while doing research but shows the screen well out of the package. The model number is a little different because in Europe Givi is sold under the Kappa brand.

One more picture from the cockpit side.

IMG_1826.JPG

Did not know that Givi and Kappa were the same...good to know. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

425 miles on the screen since it was installed. Very nice, quite an improvement over the diminutive stock screen. Takes all the wind off your chest and leaves just your upper outer arm, shoulders, and helmet in the breeze. Wind hits my helmet at the chin bar and is smooth with no buffeting. This really works well for me. I've ridden sport-touring bikes with similar wind protection for a long time and this reminds me very much of those bikes. Much better for the higher speed riding I do. Not as protective as the stock GT that I test rode but a nice middle ground. Sure helps riding into the wind on the blustery spring days we've had lately. Screen is also rock solid at indicated speeds well in excess of the posted limit. 😉

I'd recommend it.

• Haha 1