• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2-day CA ride - memory check and foothills fancy

Kevin R

• Supporting Member

Dang, looks like a great ride!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

We did Sequoia Park several years ago. Came in from Death Valley and into the southern part of the park working north. Quite the winding roads with a lot of switch backs. Have to watch out for the on coming cars as they normally take up 1/2 of your lane and all of it in the turns. A must see if you in the area. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 4/17/2021 at 2:37 PM, Kevin R said:

By a stroke of good luck I found out when I got to Kernville that the roads north through Johnsondale and Ponderosa had been opened the day before.

The serendipitous stuff great days are made of!

This writeup just makes me think I need to find a weekend for myself, and soon, and I'd likely hit many the same roads.

In younger days I used to go to Kernville a couple times a year for white water kayaking. Fond memories include burgers at El Rio by the river park. Now when I happen to ride through, every now and then, I always stop for a burger.