Yamaha MT-09 Tracer Billet Handlebar Risers

Guest rszk

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I installed  the same riser but it has an offset to bring the bar about 1 1/4" closer. The cables were fine, but the wires and brake were tight. I moved 2 of the cable ties on the bars to get enough slack. I also rotated the brake line a little get some slack there. I have only ridden  around town but steering seems to be easier and more responsive. I now have a little bend in the elbow,  I hope to reduce hand and wrist pain. I got mine at Revzilla,  $103.

4457966.jpg  

4457967.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
yes, fit perfectlyDSC_0777_zpsrnboinhx.jpg.html?filters[user]=7340335&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3DSC_0777_zpsrnboinhx.jpg Hi cmyipp2:

I see you removed the fairings...was that part of this job by any chance?

...so it's fairly simple to add the risers and you say that no cable adjustment is needed?

I see that the brake line on my FJ-09 does not have hardly any slack.

Clutch seems to have ~ 1"...did you have to remove any clamps or T's to get more additional cable slack?

Does the cables pull tight when you turn the handlebars full/right?

Appreciate your responses...thanks much - Joel

I added these SW Motech risers. I didn't have to change any cables, but I did have to reroute the wires and cables to go in front of the bar risers on their way to the tree instead of routing behind the risers as they were originally. That allowed enough slack in the cables to compensate for the extra length in the riser. I think it has unloaded a little weight off my hands to lessen the numb-thumb effect that I get on long rides.
Then I expect the cruise control will eliminate the remainder of the numbness.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Gilles Tooling does some really nice stuff. What is the advantage of spending $150 on those?
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

• 1 month later...
I  had the 2" Rox Risers installed and the reach is much more comfortable. The cables are very tight and I would like to get longer replacements. Has anyone changed them and if so, who was the supplier?

• 9 months later...
  • Premium Member
I just don't get how someone 6'-1" or anyone for that matter over 5'-8" really feels they need the bars higher and more rearward from stock unless you are totally used to cruisers and choppers. Whereas the stock bars are fairly comfortable the angle they place your wrists is unnatural and almost painful. Furthermore, being positioned that high and rearward to me is not conducive to feeling the Cg of the bike and what the front end is doing. That is why I installed almost 1.5" lower bars with more sweep and finally found the sense of feel and control IMO needed to ride at even a moderate pace and that gets better the faster you ride.

I  had the 2" Rox Risers installed and the reach is much more comfortable. The cables are very tight and I would like to get longer replacements. Has anyone changed them and if so, who was the supplier?
I sent a set of stock cables, clutch and throttle, off to MotionPro to have set of extended cables built, 2 clutch and one throttle. I will try to remember to post up all the info on the sheet when they return them to me with the extended cables. I am being a tad conservative and adding 3 inches to each for my 2 up Rox. I want to reroute the clutch to a larger radius and eliminate the "hotspot". Adding a Scootworks brake line extender. Should have all the tension off everything. 

• 1 year later...
Surely they changed something with the 2017 model cables/wires. Just tried installing the Rox 2" riser and it's not even close. I'd have to take the tank off to even see if it's possible to get enough slack for the throttle...

Anyone have experience with risers on a 2017?

Edit: Nevermind, just found another thread where everyone talks about pretty involved cable re-routing and longer cables and such. Seller told me he didn't have to mod anything...

Archived