Hello from Ireland

DubT9

Thought i'd drop in to say hello.  Recently replaced my fjr1300 with a 2015 Tracer 900. Enjoying the lightness and that triple engine is a belter, doesnt have the turbine power of the fjr but has far more character.  Found this site while researching the slipper clutch upgrade and thanks to some links posted here i managed to snag the complete xsr clutch upgrade from Partshark for 1/3 of the price of the parts here, result.

Few mods already done are wilbers suspension front/rear, givi rack, led spot lights and fender extenders front and rear (essential here where it seems to never stop raining).

Shiny side up..

Tracer.JPG

Edited by DubT9
grammar
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Yes, WELCOME as well from West Michigan. Nice looking ride you have there with some great mods. I have a 2016 FJR as well as my 2019 Tracer and really love both of them! For pounding big miles the FJR can't be beat, however it is heavy feeling at slow speeds as you know.....

My wife visited Ireland with a group a few years back and still talks about the awesome natural beauty there!

Again WELCOME!

17 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

Welcome to the forum from a big Jonathan Rea fan in Kentucky.  

Cheers johnmark101, one of the strangest days i've ever had was at the machine gun shoot at Knob Creek Kentucky, lads walking around with fully automatic weapons and boxes of bullets..great day though.

• Thumbsup 1

12 minutes ago, fjrchuck said:

Yes, WELCOME as well from West Michigan. Nice looking ride you have there with some great mods. I have a 2016 FJR as well as my 2019 Tracer and really love both of them! For pounding big miles the FJR can't be beat, however it is heavy feeling at slow speeds as you know.....

My wife visited Ireland with a group a few years back and still talks about the awesome natural beauty there!

Again WELCOME!

Yeah the fjr1300 was the best bike i've ever owned, that engine is unreal, but decided to go a little lighter as not doing as much touring.  Have toured around a good bit of the States on an fjr for a few years and it was the ideal weapon for the job.

Some great scenery over this side of the pond alright and you get a great view when the rain stops and the mist clears...:)

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Member

Corkman here, living in the USA for 25 years. Will be home in a few weeks, must look at rentals and take a run over the Vee.

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, MarcoBosti said:

Hey man, Dublin here too I just picked up a 21 GT 

It's good to meet other Irish lads I thought I was the only one lol 

Welcome. 👍   Hope you enjoy your GT, they are awesome bikes,especially in the fastest Redline colour. lol. 😃😃

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, DubT9 said:

Cheers johnmark101, one of the strangest days i've ever had was at the machine gun shoot at Knob Creek Kentucky, lads walking around with fully automatic weapons and boxes of bullets..great day though.

That's about 80 miles west of where I live.  I hope one day to visit your country which is where my family originated.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.