Saddlemen 1620 tunnel bag

Just installed my new saddlemen 1620 tunnel bag and I think I'm going to like never having to wear a backpack. I'm still tweaking the mounting so that it's rock solid but still quickly removable but it's almost there. The only real negative is having to remove the passenger handles but they never get used anyway so no big deal. (Just noticed this is the wrong section. Mods, please move to appropriate section)

20210624_181114.jpg

Edited by Zach26
Meant to post in FJ-09 section
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Zach26 said:

It's a 2017.

Looking at the site, I see that it's a Universal bag anyway - so not bike specific.  They apparently have a 1450 model as well with the only difference being the dimensions of the 'tunnel' part for the seat.

Thanks for sharing.

Side note - I had to watch the video a couple of times to get that info as I had trouble concentrating - for some reason?

• Thumbsup 1

Yeah I actually ordered the 1450 at first but then realized the tunnel was too narrow so I ordered this one the same day. I'm still waiting for the wrong one to show up so I can return it. For it being universal for it almost fits like it was made for this bike. They also have the regular non "tactical" version. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Member

@Zach26 That bag looks like it was custom made for the FJ. Do you think they can be used with the factory side cases on a 19 900GT? I would love to get rid of the GIVI top case and rack I put on.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

9 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Side note - I had to watch the video a couple of times to get that info as I had trouble concentrating - for some reason

Yep, I could see a pair of reasons for your distraction.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

20 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

@Zach26 That bag looks like it was custom made for the FJ. Do you think they can be used with the factory side cases on a 19 900GT? I would love to get rid of the GIVI top case and rack I put on.

This ^
I am interested in the same, please @Zach26. Thank you--looks great!

Edited by j-bone

2 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

I'm not familiar with the mounting system for the factory side cases so I can't say for sure. Based on some pictures it does look like the sides of the bag might interfere with the top of the side cases though. 

• Supporting Member

I ordered one this morning and when it arrives I will see if you can use both the saddlebags and the Saddleman at the same time.

I will report back!

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Looks nice.

Does "tunnel" mean something or is it just a brand name?

I think you'll find it's simply the shape of the 'arch' that gives rise to the term tunnel which can apply to any brand that has that shape.

• Thumbsup 1