Two Wheel Dyno Disappointment ,,anyone else ??

I know T W D gets raving reviews and I'm probably gonna get sheet for this ,,,but im not happy 

Two bikes re flashed ,,2017 fz07 and now 2020 Tracer GT ,,both with same minimal results both with same excuses ,, 

Has anyone else flashed with them only to be told AFTER you paid them SORRY we can't change the temp setting for cooling fan to come on.

The thing is they don't tell you upfront,,,when you find out later its    "" too bad that's the way it is there's nothing we can do  """

that's one of their biggest selling points on their home page .,,,it's really painful to watch your temp gauge at a traffic light go from 180 to 221 before fan kicks in. 

Sounds like the temperature gauge is "spot on normal," mine comes on at 105c (221F)and quickly drops to 98c with the fan. but coming from Scotland the ambient temperature being what it is the fan hardly ever kicks in even stopping at traffic lights. I can appreciate that if a bike is run regularly in heavy traffic and at regularly higher air temperature their could be a need to have the fan come on sooner. A good few years ago I fitted a car I had with a separate switch to the cooling fan that I  switched on when needed, is that something that could be fitted to the Tracer and ease any worries about regularly running hot. (probably cheaper than a re-flash as well)

2 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Sounds like the temperature gauge is "spot on normal," mine comes on at 105c (221F)and quickly drops to 98c with the fan. but coming from Scotland the ambient temperature being what it is the fan hardly ever kicks in even stopping at traffic lights. I can appreciate that if a bike is run regularly in heavy traffic and at regularly higher air temperature their could be a need to have the fan come on sooner. A good few years ago I fitted a car I had with a separate switch to the cooling fan that I  switched on when needed, is that something that could be fitted to the Tracer and ease any worries about regularly running hot. (probably cheaper than a re-flash as well)

I just don't like paying for something and then not getting what I paid for ,,,

• Thumbsup 2

2 minutes ago, Bill H said:

I just don't like paying for something and then not getting what I paid for

With you on that, I don't mind spending on stuff but you have to feel its giving you value for your money. It doesn't seem that your re-flash gave you that

• Thumbsup 2

46 minutes ago, Bill H said:

I just don't like paying for something and then not getting what I paid for ,,,

Gotta ask, did you ask before flash if it would be changed? Assume so? I'm not a fan of this stuff anyway. Factory settings and engineering are set up typically for "best" performance. Lots of $ is wasted on tweeking imo to no real avail.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Bill H said:

I know T W D gets raving reviews and I'm probably gonna get sheet for this ,,,but im not happy 

Two bikes re flashed ,,2017 fz07 and now 2020 Tracer GT ,,both with same minimal results both with same excuses ,, 

Has anyone else flashed with them only to be told AFTER you paid them SORRY we can't change the temp setting for cooling fan to come on.

The thing is they don't tell you upfront,,,when you find out later its    "" too bad that's the way it is there's nothing we can do  """

that's one of their biggest selling points on their home page .,,,it's really painful to watch your temp gauge at a traffic light go from 180 to 221 before fan kicks in. 

I have them flash the ECU on my last 2 bikes with great results, the lower fan temp activation was a standard feature of their flash. 
Something sounds very fishy with the “too bad that’s the way it is” response from them. I have dealt with them many times in person, over the phone and through email and they have been nothing but helpful and receptive every single time.  
I had them flash mine 3 times, the original flash, later to set the default to A-mode and the last was a different fuel map that they offered for the Scorpion exhaust, never a charge for any of the subsequent re-flashes, I just paid shipping. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

32 minutes ago, betoney said:

I have them flash the ECU on my last 2 bikes with great results, the lower fan temp activation was a standard feature of their flash. 
Something sounds very fishy with the “too bad that’s the way it is” response from them. I have dealt with them many times in person, over the phone and through email and they have been nothing but helpful and receptive every single time.  
I had them flash mine 3 times, the original flash, later to set the default to A-mode and the last was a different fuel map that they offered for the Scorpion exhaust, never a charge for any of the subsequent re-flashes, I just paid shipping. 

Curious what year is your bike ?

I am 3 miles from his shop so when I called about an appt the guy working the counter said just bring it in we love walk ins ,,when I got there he wasn't interested in hearing my complaints with the bike and what I was hoping they could rectify ,,I wound up sitting outside {they don't have a waiting area } laying on the concrete  for almost two hours,,it was a bit annoying .Now the guy that did the flash was the same guy from 4 years ago that did my fz07,,he's a super nice guy and will talk to you as long as you want ,,in fact we were taking for about 5 minutes before the other guy came back and told him to get back to work,,what a puss,,,,,anyway  when I brought the bike back and told him about the temp setting he told me to talk to the puss and his explanation was ,,sorry  sometimes we can't over ride the setting ,,blah blah blah ,,,the dude was rude,,one of those guys that are fiddling around and don't stop what they are doing while you are trying to talk to them. So I guess my beef is with the dude that answers the phone  and seems to be running things when's Nels not around,,I also have dealt with Nels personally and emails and he is a stand up guy imo.Maybe I will drop him a line ,,

1 hour ago, TomTracer said:

Gotta ask, did you ask before flash if it would be changed? Assume so? I'm not a fan of this stuff anyway. Factory settings and engineering are set up typically for "best" performance. Lots of $ is wasted on tweeking imo to no real avail.

No I did not ask since  its clearly stated and I have to respectfully disagree with you about the re flash,,,

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Yamajank said:

Damm it. They were my next choice for a flash. Other than that what do you notice good or bad on the 2020?  

Im not saying dont  or do it ,,there's lotsa post here for research,,,I had 3 complaints with bike ,,

one it had a flat spot, almost a bog when hammering the throttle ,,for instance even at 5500 2and gear ,,it was flat ,,the flash fixed most of that 

the on off throttle  twitchyness ,,about 30 % better

surging during low rpms 1st and 2and gear ,,pretty much gone 

The good thing is they will reflash for life if you make any changes,,so I eventually want to change exhaust and it will need adjustment after that 

2 hours ago, HGP61 said:

With you on that, I don't mind spending on stuff but you have to feel its giving you value for your money. It doesn't seem that your re-flash gave you that

I hear that ,,it wasn't a total waste ,,it helped somewhat I was expecting more after hearing how great it was ,,,the good thing  is its for the life of the bike 

6 minutes ago, Bill H said:

Im not saying dont  or do it ,,there's lotsa post here for research,,,I had 3 complaints with bike ,,

one it had a flat spot, almost a bog when hammering the throttle ,,for instance even at 5500 2and gear ,,it was flat ,,the flash fixed most of that 

the on off throttle  twitchyness ,,about 30 % better

surging during low rpms 1st and 2and gear ,,pretty much gone 

The good thing is they will reflash for life if you make any changes,,so I eventually want to change exhaust and it will need adjustment after that 

Wow, only 30% better on the twitchyness?  I would have hoped for a better outcome on that in particular.  Is that in A mode or STD?  I might just opt for the APS/TPS adjustment and call it good.  I don’t know if you followed my thread on Ivan’s flash, but his did not agree with my bike at all.  It ran way too rich.  Really disappointed to hear that they don’t deliver on the fan temp.  That was probably the least concern of mine on the list, but the attitude of “oh well” doesn’t make me want to go through another flash experience that isn’t awesome.  Also makes me wonder what else they can’t deliver on.  I already know they don’t do refunds.  At least Ivan was willing to do that.  BTW, there really aren’t a bunch of other posts about 19/20 model years with the 2WDW reviews.

6 minutes ago, Yamajank said:

Wow, only 30% better on the twitchyness?  I would have hoped for a better outcome on that in particular.  Is that in A mode or STD?  I might just opt for the APS/TPS adjustment and call it good.  I don’t know if you followed my thread on Ivan’s flash, but his did not agree with my bike at all.  It ran way too rich.  Really disappointed to hear that they don’t deliver on the fan temp.  That was probably the least concern of mine on the list, but the attitude of “oh well” doesn’t make me want to go through another flash experience that isn’t awesome.  Also makes me wonder what else they can’t deliver on.  I already know they don’t do refunds.  At least Ivan was willing to do that.  BTW, there really aren’t a bunch of other posts about 19/20 model years with the 2WDW reviews.

I wish I could type faster ,,I need audio type,,,,,is there such a thing?  I don't know what APS/TPS is sorry 

I think I saw that post,,also heard good things about Ivan,,2wd is so close to where I live making it a no brainer,,,the fan thing isn't a huge deal but I feel like I was taken on that part ,,,the ''oh well '' didn't sit well with me either  

ok so always A mode ,,,long story here ,,my 2020 was not to twitchy imo,,but my last bike was an fz07 and that was really bad ,,had to ride like a dirt bike and clutch all the time,, anyway my brand new bike had a small oil leak and I for the life of me could not find it so I took it to the dealer and they finally found it and said it was a defective crank case leaking from tiny pours ,, I was skeptical about have them replace it since it means total tear down and it was such an insignificant leak ,,but they assured me they were qualified ..long story short 2 months later I get the bike back and it threw a rod bearing 35 miles later ,destroying he engine  and head ,, they were going to piece it back together ,,bike had 2500 miles on it ,,I was like NO WAY,,, I want a new bike or at least a motor,,I called Yamaha and they wear very receptive but I was at the mercy of the dealer ,,they would give me a new motor but they don't have them and its next-to impossible ,,I was ready for a fight when dealer told me his rep has a brand new motor ,,another two months later I got the bike back ,,I don't know how but this is twitchyer ,,I don't  know how your bike is or if you have that flat spot but it was worth doing the flash it just wasn't awesome like some say,,

• Thanks 1