Two Wheel Dyno Disappointment ,,anyone else ??

20 minutes ago, Bill H said:

I wish I could type faster ,,I need audio type,,,,,is there such a thing?  I don't know what APS/TPS is sorry 

I think I saw that post,,also heard good things about Ivan,,2wd is so close to where I live making it a no brainer,,,the fan thing isn't a huge deal but I feel like I was taken on that part ,,,the ''oh well '' didn't sit well with me either  

ok so always A mode ,,,long story here ,,my 2020 was not to twitchy imo,,but my last bike was an fz07 and that was really bad ,,had to ride like a dirt bike and clutch all the time,, anyway my brand new bike had a small oil leak and I for the life of me could not find it so I took it to the dealer and they finally found it and said it was a defective crank case leaking from tiny pours ,, I was skeptical about have them replace it since it means total tear down and it was such an insignificant leak ,,but they assured me they were qualified ..long story short 2 months later I get the bike back and it threw a rod bearing 35 miles later ,destroying he engine  and head ,, they were going to piece it back together ,,bike had 2500 miles on it ,,I was like NO WAY,,, I want a new bike or at least a motor,,I called Yamaha and they wear very receptive but I was at the mercy of the dealer ,,they would give me a new motor but they don't have them and its next-to impossible ,,I was ready for a fight when dealer told me his rep has a brand new motor ,,another two months later I got the bike back ,,I don't know how but this is twitchyer ,,I don't  know how your bike is or if you have that flat spot but it was worth doing the flash it just wasn't awesome like some say,,

APS (accelerator position sensor) TPS (throttle position sensor)  Older models could access it without any outside equipment.  After 2017, you need Yamaha scanner and tools, etc.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

But maybe the booster plug is an option.  I've seen people on here who are pleased with it.  I would think it was cheaper the way they talk.  $160 isn't that much less than the flash.  Vcyclenut is only $200 for a flash.  For some reason the it messes with the ambient temperature because of the plug it uses.  Not a big deal.  I'll have to do a little more research into the booster stuff.  I hope you are happy with the bike now after new engine and all.  What a nightmare.  I can't imagine.

3 minutes ago, Yamajank said:

APS (accelerator position sensor) TPS (throttle position sensor)  Older models could access it without any outside equipment.  After 2017, you need Yamaha scanner and tools, etc.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

But maybe the booster plug is an option.  I've seen people on here who are pleased with it.  I would think it was cheaper the way they talk.  $160 isn't that much less than the flash.  Vcyclenut is only $200 for a flash.  For some reason the it messes with the ambient temperature because of the plug it uses.  Not a big deal.  I'll have to do a little more research into the booster stuff.  I hope you are happy with the bike now after new engine and all.  What a nightmare.  I can't imagine.

pretty soon all you'll be able to do is Put air in tires and lube the chain,,,computers and special equipment has its draw backs for sure ,,  

so I did see a post last year about that booster plug and he seemed to really like it ,,for me im not into messing round with that stuff,, its over my head 

so the bike is all good and the nightmare behind me thank god,,,I got lucky ,,kinda 

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Bill H said:

Curious what year is your bike ?

I am 3 miles from his shop so when I called about an appt the guy working the counter said just bring it in we love walk ins ,,when I got there he wasn't interested in hearing my complaints with the bike and what I was hoping they could rectify ,,I wound up sitting outside {they don't have a waiting area } laying on the concrete  for almost two hours,,it was a bit annoying .Now the guy that did the flash was the same guy from 4 years ago that did my fz07,,he's a super nice guy and will talk to you as long as you want ,,in fact we were taking for about 5 minutes before the other guy came back and told him to get back to work,,what a puss,,,,,anyway  when I brought the bike back and told him about the temp setting he told me to talk to the puss and his explanation was ,,sorry  sometimes we can't over ride the setting ,,blah blah blah ,,,the dude was rude,,one of those guys that are fiddling around and don't stop what they are doing while you are trying to talk to them. So I guess my beef is with the dude that answers the phone  and seems to be running things when's Nels not around,,I also have dealt with Nels personally and emails and he is a stand up guy imo.Maybe I will drop him a line ,,

Mine is a 2015, I can’t imagine that they don’t offer that feature on the newer Tracer models. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

50 minutes ago, betoney said:

Mine is a 2015, I can’t imagine that they don’t offer that feature on the newer Tracer models. 

its not that they don't offer it ,,it was more like sometimes we can't over ride it ,,that's why im curious if anyone with a newer model has had the same issue 

1 hour ago, Bill H said:

its not that they don't offer it ,,it was more like sometimes we can't over ride it ,,that's why im curious if anyone with a newer model has had the same issue 

That sounds crazy. I asked ahead of time for my 2016, and they confirmed they could do it, and it kicks on at 190F, I believe. Might be 195F. 

Have you talked to Nels? He’s always personally responded to my emails at least; might be worth a shot. 

This is why I only do Ivan's ECU flashes.  He is upfront and his ECU flashes are very very good.  He uses his own tuning software and he has access to more stuff inside the ECU.  

That being said my 2020 GT is very smooth and not twitchy at all fueling wise so unless I decide on an exhaust, it will just stay stock.👍

Edited by CRFan250

Wow.  I have nothing but positive results from 2WDW.  I first got a 2015 FZ07. That thing was completely tranformed with its flash. Fan comes on at 200F, off at 190.

I then traded it and an ST1300 for my 15 FJ09 and got it flashed once it snowed here. Not quite as completely  transformed but close. I still had to do the APS adjustment. Now it's great. Fan temps changed to same as FZ07.

Even at 200 I'm trying to think if fan comes on ever. it did during TB sync. On my ST1300 fan came on in 30 seconds after stopping. It couldn't be flashed.

Are they having problems changing fan temps on 20 and newer, IDK.

16 hours ago, TomTracer said:

Gotta ask, did you ask before flash if it would be changed? Assume so? I'm not a fan of this stuff anyway. Factory settings and engineering are set up typically for "best" performance. Lots of $ is wasted on tweeking imo to no real avail.

Factory settings are forced to work around noise and emission regs.  Best performance can not be achieved without a flash.

Carb. bikes from the 80's on were too lean for the same reason. Jet kits sold like flashes do now.

Get your flash now before they are outlawed, it's already happening in CA of course.😠

Fun fact: 35% of threads on motorcycle forums are started because someone thinks they know more than the team of engineers who designed their bike and screw something up.

Also, 44% of statistics are made up on the spot.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

Fun fact: 35% of threads on motorcycle forums are started because someone thinks they know more than the team of engineers who designed their bike and screw something up.

Also, 44% of statistics are made up on the spot.

If you are refering to me, the "engineers" know more but their hands are tied. They must meet all emmisions requirements.  That requires less than optimum power and it's getting worse as the years go by.

As far as my experience goes, I took a 1998 CBR1100XX from 135 to 150 RWHP with just a jet kit and 6 degree ignition advancer.

This would not be possible if the engineers had it tuned for optimum performance.

Just wait, direct injection is coming for bikes just like cars and trucks. Tighter emissions.

• Thumbsup 1

19 hours ago, angrygirafe said:

That sounds crazy. I asked ahead of time for my 2016, and they confirmed they could do it, and it kicks on at 190F, I believe. Might be 195F. 

Have you talked to Nels? He’s always personally responded to my emails at least; might be worth a shot. 

I am about to drop him a line ,,I will  lyk what he says,,,as of now I haven't heard from anyone with a newer bike 

• Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Wow.  I have nothing but positive results from 2WDW.  I first got a 2015 FZ07. That thing was completely tranformed with its flash. Fan comes on at 200F, off at 190.

I then traded it and an ST1300 for my 15 FJ09 and got it flashed once it snowed here. Not quite as completely  transformed but close. I still had to do the APS adjustment. Now it's great. Fan temps changed to same as FZ07.

Even at 200 I'm trying to think if fan comes on ever. it did during TB sync. On my ST1300 fan came on in 30 seconds after stopping. It couldn't be flashed.

Are they having problems changing fan temps on 20 and newer, IDK.

its so interesting how we get different results,,he did my fz07 and by no means did it transform the bike ,,it helped but did not transform it.

as of now I cant answer your last question ,,I was hoping to hear from some members with newer bikes but so far nota  one

12 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

This is why I only do Ivan's ECU flashes.  He is upfront and his ECU flashes are very very good.  He uses his own tuning software and he has access to more stuff inside the ECU.  

That being said my 2020 GT is very smooth and not twitchy at all fueling wise so unless I decide on an exhaust, it will just stay stock.👍

Was he able to change the fan temp setting ?

I had no problem having Vcyclenut do my flash and successfully change fan on temp. Point is it's not a problem to do if tuner wants to. Maybe OP's flasher didn't want to bother redoing it.

24 minutes ago, RandyN said:

I had no problem having Vcyclenut do my flash and successfully change fan on temp. Point is it's not a problem to do if tuner wants to. Maybe OP's flasher didn't want to bother redoing it.

OP ?? OP Taylor?

• Thumbsup 1