Sound bomb mini installation experience.

Just got round to fitting the sound bomb mini, I took off my old bike.  Fitted it to the existing bracket and had to bend the bracket a bit to avoid hitting the radiator on full lock.

From what I've seen most people who fit the sound bomb mini do this.  The only, minor, concern is that the horn now touches the top of the fork leg, I've put some protective tape on the horn body so hopefully there won't be any wear.  Also the brake hoses are close to the horn now.  The hoses have a protective sleeve over then where they are near the horn so wear hopefully won't be an issue.

I shall keep an eye on things in case of abrasion but has anyone noticed any abnormal wear to the horn, brake hose or shock tube?

Nothing observed here, and I've had mine installed for over a year, though I used the soundbomb mount instead of the factory one. Remember that the whole assembly moves as a single unit. There is little opportunity, outside of vibrations, for the components to interact with one another.

IMG_0261.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

Put mine on just before last trip.  After reading this went and had a look, it was very close to the fork tube and had rubbed a little on it so bent it away a bit.  It was a vibration rub but fork tub is fine and a tiny bit of wear on the mini.  Otherwise no issues at all.  I covered 5,000 miles with conditions from hot dry and dusty to cool and rainy.  I may get inspired and use couple of pairs of pliers to get a little more gap but overall I'm happy.  Brake lines are well away from it 

This is after I washed the bike, can see more cleaning needed to get ready for next trip.

IMG_0080.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
19 minutes ago, Pupsi said:

I removed the stock bracket and used the supplied bracket fixed to the bolt close to the fork tube. The puts the supplied bracket vertical and the soundbomb mini facing downwards

Same for me, mine is on the front of the bottom triple clamp facing down, not back toward the radiator.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***