Tracer 9 GT Problem

BVEBRAD

Just wanted to post an update on my Tracer, glad to say that after my disastrous start all is great with the bike.  This is especially true after the latest ECU flash.

I love this bike.  I have a 24" Madstad screen that works great, no noise and no buffeting.  I also put on ASV levers so I could adjust the clutch lever in.  They are great but do require a heavy mod to the lower handguard bracket.  Definitely worth the trouble.

Now I'm looking for crash bars and directional turn signals.  That GT+ does have my interest.

• Thumbsup 3
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Glad you got it all sorted out! I had the ECU flashed within months with a new exhaust, so haven't experienced issues (yet <knock on wood> ).

But I am leaning towards the ASV levers and glad to hear some feedback as I wasn't sure if it was quick install or some mod needed. 

As for other farkles and mods, I have the SW Motech crash bars...looks good, was straight forward install. But other options and brands so personal preference, ie YMMV. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, I have an interest in these posts as my 2021 Tracer 9GT also has the stutters that some people have talked about. The engine has died on me a few times too, but it started up fine and I can ride the bike ok. It happens in any gear and when you are trying to keep the bike at a steady speed. I have had it in the garage 3 times now for them to check the engine warning light code, which is error P2135, 'Throtle Position Sensor (relationship between signal 1 and signal 2). No signal is received from the throttle sensor'. I have had the throttle sensor on the handlebar replaced but this has not curred the problem. Not sure what 'Throttle Bodies' is refering too, is itthe throttle sensor on the handlebars? The garage are now saying we should replace the throttle sensor at the other end. On my bike there is no way to do any synchronisation so not sure on that.   

I have also have the issue on starting the engine from cold an turning the throttle kills the engine. You have to wait until it warms up before you can set off. 

Interestingly though, all 3 times the bike has been in the garage, they have connected up the diagnostic device to check the error codes, and after this the bike has run fine. Just done that today, it was stuttering on the way to the garage, read the error codes and then fine afterwards on way home. Trouble is the problem does come back after a while. That's a strange one though as if just reading the error codes on the ECU does something like resynch both ends. Anyone ever heard of this?

Shame about the issues people have been having as this bike is a cracking bike. 

Tony  

My dealer ended up replacing the throttle bodies which cured my problem which was my throttle just stopped responding.  Two additional reflashes via Recall Notices from Yamaha and she's close to perfect.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

6 hours ago, Tony4422 said:

Hi All, I have an interest in these posts as my 2021 Tracer 9GT also has the stutters that some people have talked about. The engine has died on me a few times too, but it started up fine and I can ride the bike ok. It happens in any gear and when you are trying to keep the bike at a steady speed. I have had it in the garage 3 times now for them to check the engine warning light code, which is error P2135, 'Throtle Position Sensor (relationship between signal 1 and signal 2). No signal is received from the throttle sensor'. I have had the throttle sensor on the handlebar replaced but this has not curred the problem. Not sure what 'Throttle Bodies' is refering too, is itthe throttle sensor on the handlebars? The garage are now saying we should replace the throttle sensor at the other end. On my bike there is no way to do any synchronisation so not sure on that.   

I have also have the issue on starting the engine from cold an turning the throttle kills the engine. You have to wait until it warms up before you can set off. 

Interestingly though, all 3 times the bike has been in the garage, they have connected up the diagnostic device to check the error codes, and after this the bike has run fine. Just done that today, it was stuttering on the way to the garage, read the error codes and then fine afterwards on way home. Trouble is the problem does come back after a while. That's a strange one though as if just reading the error codes on the ECU does something like resynch both ends. Anyone ever heard of this?

Shame about the issues people have been having as this bike is a cracking bike. 

Tony  

Follow their advice and replace the TPS on the throttle body end. 
It’s more common for that one to be the culprit of the symptoms you are describing, and it fits with the code you have tripped and had cleared, but sets again intermittently. 

-Skip

I also note that people talk about the ECU reflashes and I saw the article about a recall by Yamaha US for the 2021 9GT. I live in Manchester, Englnad, not heard of any recall notices here, would have thought our bikes are the same as the ones in US? Anyone from UK ad knows of any recalls? 

Tony

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Tony4422 said:

..... would have thought our bikes are the same as the ones in US? 

There are a couple of differences between the European and US bikes. One is the fact that the European ones have a red key to control the immobiliser unit. The US bikes don't have that.

• Thumbsup 1