Larger Side Cases…

pokey074

4 hours ago, pokey074 said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen this asked or mentioned, but are there any larger side cases that fit the stock mounting system?

Sort of.  The same cases, but replace your kids with the lids on the FJR.  Both bikes use identical cases but the FJR lids are significantly larger.  They will fit a reasonable sized helmet, typically Large or smaller.  Just a straight swap between the lids, everything else is the same.

4 hours ago, pokey074 said:

Interesting. That’s a pretty spendy solution for a slight increase in capacity. 

It's a surprisingly large capacity increase, but if you're buying new yeah it's way spendy, some $1500 for the lids alone. 

But if you can find a used set somewhere it could be much more reasonable.  They're basically unchanged going back at least 15 years.  

It's the only solution that fits the factory mounts, though.  Anything else and you need new mounts.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 2

These bags are hard to find, and very spendy if you can find them. I was extremely fortunate to have a friend who painted these with the Yamaha Racing heritage paint many, many years ago... they offer a substantial increase in carrying capacity - each saddlebag can hold an XL Shoei or HJC helmet:

YamRacing.thumb.jpg.50f00c492ab572764e70402567c2859d.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

I grumbled at having to spend $1000 for my BMW panniers. I can't see me buying Yamaha lids for $1500 before hell freezes over.😄 I'd rather spend less than that for some really larger capacity luggage. Soft luggage is a cheaper alternative. my 2 cents.

• Thumbsup 2

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

I have one fully working FJR bag (left side) and a right-side that is busted, but the lid is in mint condition. Now that I have a 2021 T9 GT, I no longer need them and would be willing to sell - the catch is it would have to be within Canada as I am not shipping the huge box stateside. Sorry - not much help to most on this thread.