Heated Riding Gear

TomTracer

As many of us do out of boredom when riding weather isn't very good, I spend time searching for things I may not really need  to spend money I really shouldn't just because I can. I came across this source www.thewarmingstore.com. Check out some of the items for pricing, some are on sale for for less than shown full price, and a link came up for discounts on an item I was looking at. Have never ordered from or done business with these folks but they sure show lots of worthwhile stuff at decent prices. So folks, spend away!

49 minutes ago, TomTracer said:

As many of us do out of boredom when riding weather isn't very good, I spend time searching for things I may not really need  to spend money I really shouldn't just because I can.

Yes, that sounds like me. I've just been on to e-bay and ordered a pair of Rok Straps that I probably won't need until my first trip away next May. Just because they caught my eye in a previous topic post.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, TomTracer said:

As many of us do out of boredom when riding weather isn't very good, I spend time searching for things I may not really need  to spend money I really shouldn't just because I can.

I can definitely relate.  In part due to boredom and in part due to supply shortages, I have already stocked up on supplies to get me through next season.  I have a fresh set of tires sitting on the shelf and just ordered another, I got a case of oil and several filters, a replacement battery and another chain and sprocket set.

I had a valve check, spark plugs and TB sync as well as suspension serviced this season, so the only thing I should need for next year is fuel. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, wanderer said:

good luck!

I am already budgeting for gas for my trips to California next year 🙄, though Washington's prices aren't too far behind. 

This photo was near Crescent City in July, I'm sure those prices are a bargain now.

image.thumb.png.079fb4fd988aab1ff0d6fdf3c5ce9f1c.png

7 minutes ago, betoney said:

I am already budgeting for gas for my trips to California next year 🙄, though Washington's prices aren't too far behind. 

This photo was near Crescent City in July, I'm sure those prices are a bargain now.

image.thumb.png.079fb4fd988aab1ff0d6fdf3c5ce9f1c.png

It's not that bad, really. I filled up yesterday and the Credit Union had a representative on site and gave me great deal at 4.5% for an 18 month payback. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member
38 minutes ago, maximo said:

It's not that bad, really. I filled up yesterday and the Credit Union had a representative on site and gave me great deal at 4.5% for an 18 month payback. 

Quite honestly, I only ride in California a few days a year, for the quality riding I will gladly pay those prices.

• Thumbsup 1

I'm like a few of you as well.  I'm looking out to the future on what I need and stocking up now.  I bought a second set of wheels last summer so I could have a set of "touring" tires with lots of tread left over, and a set of "local" tires that I'll run down a lot closer to the TWI.  Oil isn't an issue so far.  Filters, were purchased a while back in enough of a quantity that should get me by.

Electric gear is sweet.  The only "issue" is to have a backup for if something goes wrong.  There's very little insulation in them.  I was heading back from the gym one morning.  Temp was down to 25F and my left glove quit working.  It was incredibly painful to get home.  Wires will break.

Chris

• Thumbsup 1