• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2021 tracer 9 GT seat Mod

Korak

Great review,  I have been curious myself about the 6 vs 2, initially I heard people liking the 6 more.  I've been pondering dropping the 6+2 sku just to simplify things. 

and could you clarify "Loosened all the mounting bolts"?  (as I keep trying to troubleshoot for this one customer), like the 4 bottom bracket bolts or are there others you loosened? 

Thanks Ned!

To clarify how I installed the Shim Kit. 

1st - I installed the (4) bolts holding the bracket far enough that they were fully engaged but still very loose.  This insured the shims stayed in place. 

2nd - I lifted and wiggled the tank to install the (2) bolts. Then I tightened these bolts. Then tightened the (4) bracket bolts.  Finally I torqued all bolts and installed all of the plastic.

image.thumb.png.a49042dc35076f5dd3775498c330b085.png

I used the info on jk3d site and also watched this video.

Edited by TracerNed
corrected spelling
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

I am Joe's "awkward customer" so thank you all for your comments, suggestions and help.

I had another go at installing the mod this evening and it went in really smoothly.  I have no idea what I did wrong the first time, but something was obviously binding somewhere that I didn't spot.   Perhaps doing it at the weekend helped rather than doing it after work when tired/hassled! 😆

I haven't ridden the bike since modding it yet, but just sitting on it feels like a more natural position - I think this will help a lot.

Joe - Thank you for your patience, and please accept my apologies for wasting your time. 

Cheers,

Jon

Edited by FZ1FZ1
  • Thumbsup 3