2021 tracer 9 GT seat Mod

Korak

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, Clegg78 said:

FYI,  I just released a mod to shim up the forward portion of the seat for the Tracer 9GT.  I  worked with a couple forum members here to design it.   Likely cheaper than a new seat or reupholstering the existing seat as well.  

https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer9-mt09-seat-slope-mod/ 

2021-11-22_10-21-53.png

Ordered mine last night, it costs a lot to have it shipped to Australia. Hopefully this will give me the answer I was looking for. 

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, vancuy said:

Ordered mine last night, it costs a lot to have it shipped to Australia. Hopefully this will give me the answer I was looking for. 

Hope so!  And yeah shipping has been jumping in price the last 2 months unfortunately.  I’ve been able to keep my costs relatively in check, so my parts haven’t jumped.   But USPS is getting more expensive, I wish there were reliable alternatives to get to Aus!   

Just back from 4 days of twisty road riding and still perfectly happy with the Yamaha Comfort seat. I have many chronic pain zones in my neck and back so I do suffer but I never get the feeling that I am sliding towards the tank.

• Thumbsup 3

21 hours ago, petshark said:

Just back from 4 days of twisty road riding and still perfectly happy with the Yamaha Comfort seat. I have many chronic pain zones in my neck and back so I do suffer but I never get the feeling that I am sliding towards the tank.

I agree.  I finished a 2,000+ mile 8 day ride on the stock seat with absolutely no sliding forward and no discomfort.  Yes my shoulders hurt but that is from having a pair of torn rotator cuffs and nothing to do with the bikes stock ergonomics.  I'm 5'9" and weoght in at 180 if that helps explain anything.

Same here.  I just did almost 1900 miles of interstate highway on the stock seat.  By the time I got to this trip I had pretty well made peace with the stock seat.  Even so, it bothered me just enough that i ordered a Corbin, which hadn't arrived before my departure.  

I did get butt burn here and there on the stock seat.  Usually at the end of a 250 mile riding day.

I would be fine with the stock seat long term, but the Corbin is much better looking and is more comfy to me though it induces a few other changes in riding posture.  

I did multiple 2000mi trips on the stock seat, and one 1800mi on the comfort seat on my 900GT before working to adjust some comfort issues that were minor I thought.  Once I corrected the slope the stock seat may be better than the comfort seat!    I think the bike works either way, and depending on your arms, riding position, leg length on the pegs, etc... can all alter this.   

For me it went from me having some arm pains and junk pains at the end of the day, every day... to really no issues to speak of 10 hours into a ride!  its all YMMV, that's the perk of a $20-30 part to try :) 

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

Not to bump this thread too much from the past - But I have a customer who is saying they cant raise the rear of the tank the 3-4mm needed to get into the offset bushings for the seat slope mod I sell for the 2021+ Tracer. 

Since I don't own a 2021, I wanted to ask anyone in here who installed the kit, is there anything different or holding down the tank so it cant be lifted up much once the rear bolts are removed?  Trying to figure out why this one customer is having issues?  From the service manual and such I cant see anything holding it back. 

11 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Not to bump this thread too much from the past - But I have a customer who is saying they cant raise the rear of the tank the 3-4mm needed to get into the offset bushings for the seat slope mod I sell for the 2021+ Tracer. 

Since I don't own a 2021, I wanted to ask anyone in here who installed the kit, is there anything different or holding down the tank so it cant be lifted up much once the rear bolts are removed?  Trying to figure out why this one customer is having issues?  From the service manual and such I cant see anything holding it back. 

Fitted mine with no problems.

Regards

Greg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, GT09 said:

Fitted mine with no problems.

Regards

Greg

I also fitted mine,with no problems whatsoever. 👍

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

I put 6000 miles on the stock seat and was relatively pleased overall, but found the forward slope annoying.  I'm 5'-8" and 150 lbs.

I ordered the Pro Kit from jk3d.us (Clegg78).  I installed the 6mm Base and it was better, then added the additional 2mm Shim and went on a 1000 mile trip.  I really like this change and for $35 shipped I’m very pleased and would recommend this product.  If the forward slope bothers you, I would just order the Standard 8mm Shim.  I don’t think I will ever remove the 2mm Shim.

I did have a little trouble reinstalling the tank bolts but after I loosened all of the mounting bolts it went together fine.

• Thumbsup 2