5-Year Summary

10 hours ago, HGP61 said:

I have a vague memory from my GT test ride a few years ago and the salesman telling me before the ride that the quickshifter only worked above 4,000 revs and only in the top 4 gears or maybe 4th 5th and 6th. As i've said only a distant memory so could be mis-remembering and as much as I loved the GT I took out on test I went down the less expensive "pre loved" route when I went for the erlier model Tracer.

The manual says every gear, and it does work in every gear.  But for first -> second, to work reliably you need both 5k+ rpm AND heavy throttle.  If you're not accelerating hard it'll miss.  

The thing is, with the GT's quickshifter it's really best used as a sport quickshifter, not a "easy highway mile munching option".  It doesn't work well at lower RPM's and definitely not when you're not on the throttle.  It's most noticeable from first to second though, because you can miss entirely and end up in neutral and even when it is successful it's really jerky if you don't meet the conditions above. 

So it's really not an "easymode" riding option, more just a "shift faster when you're giving it the beans" option. 

• Thumbsup 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a test ride on the Tracer 9 GT and I have to say that I am very impressed. If I hadn't spent so much on upgrades in the year that I've owned my '19 900 GT I would be all over this bike. I'll go and write a comparison post now. 😎

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1