Potential future Tracer owner with some questions ;)

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, Sunde said:

Availability and cash was the main factor.
 Also in my experience i can get a better ride by replacing parts of the suspension to fit my weight / style. Electronic (clever as it may be) does limit my ability to customise it, at least easily.

That is my #1 sticking point in the newest Tracer 9, I want more than just hard and soft adjustment.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 minutes ago, betoney said:

That is my #1 sticking point in the newest Tracer 9, I want more than just hard and soft adjustment.

Yeah i mean if the electronic suspension just happens to give you "the perfect ride" then i am all for it, i dont question the value of the GT spec what so ever, but i think i made a good deal getting the T9 "basic" and getting it dialed in the way i like it. 

• Like 2

• Supporting Member
21 minutes ago, Sunde said:

Yeah i mean if the electronic suspension just happens to give you "the perfect ride" then i am all for it, i dont question the value of the GT spec what so ever, but i think i made a good deal getting the T9 "basic" and getting it dialed in the way i like it. 

That is exactly right, I always modify any bike to suit my preference anyway, so no bike is perfect or stays 100% stock for me.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, Smokamoto said:

Buy the ‘21-‘22, you’ll like it!

I came off an FJR1300 and got a red ‘21 GT purchased June 2021, last one my dealer had he only got 3. Added the factory trunk (took 7 months), rack (took 3 months), and touring windshield (took 4 months). Also an EvoTech radiator guard, R&G dashboard screen protector, Woodcraft swing arm sliders/spools, and front fender & rear mudguard extenders. 

Since I have a 30” inseam and the Tracer is so tall I raised the forks 5 mm & added a Soupy’s lowering link in the rear. Much more comfortable & confident however it’s a bit too low (cat/muff box occasionally hits)-need to adjust it. The kickstand is a bit long (didn’t want to buy the nice alloy adjustable stand as I had on my FJR1300) and now it’s more effort to get on the centerstand-naturally. 

Waiting for some Sw-Motech engine guards to arrive, quote was 8 weeks lol!

The active suspension is…jury is out as of yet. So far, no real complaints except it would be nice if it had more than two settings.

Electronics in general are overwhelming especially since I’m 65 lol. And the dash font is sooo small, hard to read with my old eyes. Once you know where everything is it’s not un-tolerable.

Cruise control & heated grips are awesome, seat is not too horrible (also waiting for the factory touring seat - been 8 months).

Handlebars need more sweep for my liking, your results may vary.

Did the 600-mile service myself (15-yr retired Tech) and the throttle body synch wasn’t too horrible (1st time is always the hardest).

I really like the Tracer quick shifter it’s the bomb. I feel like a MotoGP rider banging gears-it backfires every shift!

AB547-A61-D254-4-BE5-85-FE-71137679-FF284-A181011-4-F93-47-B0-89-CD-08-C106-AEE216-F3-D27-E-386-B-4050-B2-B6-8-E6-D9-BCE0748-ACC1-6-EF8-4-B93-B563-E984-A0949-B7

I'm 72 and my bifocals work great to read the dash 😁.  I moved the Trip1 and Fuel gauge to the right side with coolant temp and avg fuel.  Then on the left I just have the Odo and Trip 2.  Works great for me.

I had wanted the Yamaha top case but they never seem to be in stock also the rack so I just bought a Shad SH45 and the Shad rack which was in stock. It is inbetween the two Yamaha cases in size and can hold two helmets, however, it means having a second key to carry.  What I really want are the pannier inner bags but it seems that they are not available in the USA.

I installed the SW Motech sliders and they look good on the bike.  The only other item I put on is a PIAA horn to replace the mleep mleep stock one.  The seat is fine for me, I like the support the firmness gives you, it worked fine for several long days in the saddle.  The windscreen, though, not perfect is very good at 85mph, quieter and no buffeting compared to all the screens I tried on the FZ.

Overall I think that is all I'm adding as this bike is so well balanced for me.  My previous bike was the FZ-01 Gen2 which I had to mod quite a bit to get it to my liking.  Not so with the T9GT.  I finally got used to cruise control after a couple thousand miles, I now have over 3,500 miles.  I was completely surprised by the OEM T-32 tires, they work great and feel just like the Michelin Road 5 I had on the FZ.  This may be the first time I actually like OEM tires and I do ride sporty and in the wet.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1