1st ride of Spring

The temp finally hit a balmy 6C north of Toronto today.  As well the winds were light and there was full sun. My bike is the base Tracer so no heated grips. Operating the controls wearing Head ski gloves was a bit of a challenge but I was on a mission today. The country roads up here are covered in sand an silt so grip is non-existent.  Careful on the corners and no full throttle til pointed straight! Im sure a tire with more siping and tread will be on order when the time comes... At least I finally got out after 4 1/2 months.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

Let the fun begin!!!

After a long break from riding I seem to forget how fast my FJ is. Yesterday I was entering the interstate up a long curved ramp and was doing 100 in 5th by the time I merged into traffic.

These bike are CRAZY!  Be careful the first few weeks.

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Where I live, riding season is 12 months long. I feel so much sorrow for those who live in winter wonderlands. Reading the OP joy at the new season where he lives, I want to say Yeah! At least he relives the joy as fresh, whereas here in CA we get a little jaded from being able to ride almost every day. 

• Thumbsup 2

On 4/3/2022 at 12:07 PM, KrustyKush said:

Where I live, riding season is 12 months long. I feel so much sorrow for those who live in winter wonderlands. Reading the OP joy at the new season where he lives, I want to say Yeah! At least he relives the joy as fresh, whereas here in CA we get a little jaded from being able to ride almost every day. 

I believe that living where you do is generally better for your health than here in the great white north.  Unless you're the type who gets outside for winter sports regularly.   But getting back on the bike come spring gives us something to look forward to over the winter and many of us don't get jaded by the time it gets too cold in the fall.

On 4/3/2022 at 10:07 AM, KrustyKush said:

Pfft, where I live, it's riding season all year round too!  Still really look forward to the above-freezing temperatures and winding mountain passes that don't threaten death.

20220128_170717.thumb.jpg.9014257c32149b342fa2a3d4c81f9cbc.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
On 4/2/2022 at 7:24 PM, Garz747 said:

The temp finally hit a balmy 6C north of Toronto today.  As well the winds were light and there was full sun. My bike is the base Tracer so no heated grips. Operating the controls wearing Head ski gloves was a bit of a challenge but I was on a mission today. The country roads up here are covered in sand an silt so grip is non-existent.  Careful on the corners and no full throttle til pointed straight! Im sure a tire with more siping and tread will be on order when the time comes... At least I finally got out after 4 1/2 months.

After 20+ Years riding in the Pacific Northwest, my wife and I retired to central California this past summer. I've found it hard to find any days I **Couldn't** go riding due to weather. Now escaping my wife's to-do list.......  that is a very different thing altogether........

688036951_MonthlyWeatherCentralCalifornia.thumb.png.13578985021c5c8198298e699977e78d.png

• Like 1

Enjoy your ice pellets, its tornado season in the south.  For a couple of weeks it's been very nice weekends and midweek a storm system.  Had daughter her husband and kids on time camped out in my basement.  They had lost power and storms were headed toward us.  A "small" tornado hit 10 or 15 miles away but when the front went thru here it was very still.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Enjoy your ice pellets, its tornado season in the south.  For a couple of weeks it's been very nice weekends and midweek a storm system.  Had daughter her husband and kids on time camped out in my basement.  They had lost power and storms were headed toward us.  A "small" tornado hit 10 or 15 miles away but when the front went thru here it was very still.  

Better than nice weekdays and weekend storms.  Water-wise, this has not been a bad year down here.  Temperatures are something else altogether (for the South).