Clean throttle bodies with a FINGER and get high idling rev

ilanr1

Update I slowed the issue luckily I have access to the Yamaha software… 

so after trying 

new tps

new aps

adjusting as much as I could where I could everything was in spec but the ideal was 1700rpm and the bike self drove/revved upto 2500rpm when in gear. 
I sourced a set of throttle bodies bolted them on everything was in spec but still idle was up at 1700rpm.

still getting code 243 I went through everything.

So I went through every setting in the diag and decided to reset the isc with the diag!!! Lo and behold it fixed it by relearning the values… so if anyone else suffers this you’ll need to go to Yamaha and ask them to go to code “67 correction value erasure”.

if everything else is ok this will fix it. 
Hope this helps anyone that might have a similar issue. 

cheers 

karl

IMG_2648.jpeg.653ed73dcbfe278ef125c40cf812b603.jpegIMG_2647.thumb.png.cb655e65c1b718b7a58b754d3e23cc1f.png

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Karlos said:

Update I slowed the issue luckily I have access to the Yamaha software… 

so after trying 

new tps

new aps

adjusting as much as I could where I could everything was in spec but the ideal was 1700rpm and the bike self drove/revved upto 2500rpm when in gear. 
I sourced a set of throttle bodies bolted them on everything was in spec but still idle was up at 1700rpm.

still getting code 243 I went through everything.

So I went through every setting in the diag and decided to reset the isc with the diag!!! Lo and behold it fixed it by relearning the values… so if anyone else suffers this you’ll need to go to Yamaha and ask them to go to code “67 correction value erasure”.

if everything else is ok this will fix it. 
Hope this helps anyone that might have a similar issue. 

cheers 

karl

IMG_2648.jpeg.653ed73dcbfe278ef125c40cf812b603.jpegIMG_2647.thumb.png.cb655e65c1b718b7a58b754d3e23cc1f.png

According to the manual :

To erase the ISC (idle speed control) learning data , set the start/engine stop switch from "start to stop" 3 times in 5 seconds , did you tried that too ?.

I have the 2019 model , do you have the 2015 model year that you can enter the diag mode ?.

Edited by ilanr1
  • Thumbsup 1

You mean that you tried to do that on the 2015 year model too ? - i mean to reset the ISC.

Something i don't understand here , i changed all the throttle bodies as a set and the issue was solved , how do you explain that ?.

I didn't reset the ISC..

Edited by ilanr1

4 hours ago, ilanr1 said:

You mean that you tried to do that on the 2015 year model too ? - i mean to reset the ISC.

Something i don't understand here , i changed all the throttle bodies as a set and the issue was solved , how do you explain that ?.

I didn't reset the ISC..

Because whatever the “learned” value  that the ECM was using “agreed with” and made the engine idle normally when you used the different set of throttle bodies. 

The set you replaced had something going on with it that was causing the high idle with that same “learned” value.

-Skip

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update :

I took the faulty throttle bodies that i inserted a finger inside them while cleaning to my friend's bike - Tracer 900 2015.

I connected the throttle bodies to my friend's bike and  follow the diagnostic options , checked that the throttle position switch is under the range , also the accelerator switch it's values are in the range.

After that i put it again in my bike Tracer 900 GT and problem solved !!!.

It looks that when you insert a finger in the throttle bodies you change the setting of the step motor and you will get a high rpm motor , all you need is just reset it to it's values , i mean Yamaha tool or just Tracer 900 2015...

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
On 11/9/2023 at 8:34 AM, ilanr1 said:

According to the manual :

To erase the ISC (idle speed control) learning data , set the start/engine stop switch from "start to stop" 3 times in 5 seconds , did you tried that too ?.

I have the 2019 model , do you have the 2015 model year that you can enter the diag mode ?.

In recent months my 2015 FJ had starting holding at 2500rpm when coming to a stop about 3-4 times during every ride but would usually drop to normal idle after 10 seconds.  After reading about this procedure, I tried it this morning and went for a ride for several hours, I was happy to discover that the high idle didn't occur once today. 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***