Suzuki S-1000GT+

3 hours ago, betoney said:

MSRP is $15K + TTL, doc fees, set up and and any other misc fees and I would expect an OTD price of at least $17k depending on regional tax.  $15,299 would be an absolute steal on a bike that no one can seem to get their hands on, an offer of $13k would just be insulting.  I can understand why they said no, dealerships have to survive just like any other business.

I pre ordered mine last Oct and it arrived way later than suzuki said. I paid the 7% state bs sales tax and bs fees $15,091 otd for the GT+. Panniers showed up two days later after the bike. They’re delayed more now due to a supplier issue the new norm now days. 

Edited by roy826
  • Thumbsup 1

Still a badass bike even with out the panniers! By the way it handles no different with panniers or without. Suzuki did a good job on this bike. The TFT dash is so nice maybe I’ll post a picture of my rever app up or me dialing a call out through the dash through my cardo 😁 it’s a nice bike. Fwiw the Alaska leather sheepskin I use on all my bikes I’m in MS it’s currently 97 degrees with 60% humidity it’s brutal here on the ass in summer. 

DFAB08CA-69A9-40AC-9E1A-8535651B910F.jpeg

Edited by roy826
  • Thumbsup 5

7 hours ago, psyshack said:

I stopped at a dealer today and tried to buy a 2022 Tracer 9 GT. There out the door price all in was $15,299.00. They had a Icon and Red one. Only new bikes they had on the showroom floor. I offered $13k cash got the money on me and they wouldn't take it. 

Your timing is off. I'm not at all surprised they were not interested. Now is a seller's market. For that bike they'd probably turn down $14.5k out the door.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

The Suzuki was a pre order from the get go. If you’ve seen one on the dealers floor it was because original buyer backed out lost deposit most likely or not. Whatever he she lost out on an incredible motorcycle. It’s so fast and so right In the chassis department something the tracer really lacked for me. I loved the CP3 engine but it over taxed the tracer chassis. Which ain’t fully boxed and looks the business from the side but behind all that it’s like a cheap half  ton pickup with no boxed frame. The Suzuki rocks GSXR all the way to the swingarm which is off the 2009-2016 bikes. Ain’t no wiggle on the GSXS up to cutoff at 156 she got plenty after that if you unleash it with a flash. It’ll haul ass! It’s everything I wanted and I’m all Suzuki always been but I did buy Yamaha along the way and I ain’t gonna lie Yamaha quality and reliability BUT let’s be honest Yamaha ain’t offering no one an R1 with bags, Suzuki did and it’s a GSXR and don’t be fooled I knew that when I ordered up front. I’ve road raced long time and owned GSXRs for ever and this is what I’ve been waiting my whole life for. Is it good, yes, is it good in the turns, absolutely yes and it does not wiggle past 130 it just keeps pulling until bs euro cutoff at 156. Same as my old GSXS 1000 naked from 2016 same engine! 

• Thumbsup 4

5 hours ago, roy826 said:

The Suzuki was a pre order from the get go. If you’ve seen one on the dealers floor it was because original buyer backed out lost deposit most likely or not. Whatever he she lost out on an incredible motorcycle. It’s so fast and so right In the chassis department something the tracer really lacked for me. I loved the CP3 engine but it over taxed the tracer chassis. Which ain’t fully boxed and looks the business from the side but behind all that it’s like a cheap half  ton pickup with no boxed frame. The Suzuki rocks GSXR all the way to the swingarm which is off the 2009-2016 bikes. Ain’t no wiggle on the GSXS up to cutoff at 156 she got plenty after that if you unleash it with a flash. It’ll haul ass! It’s everything I wanted and I’m all Suzuki always been but I did buy Yamaha along the way and I ain’t gonna lie Yamaha quality and reliability BUT let’s be honest Yamaha ain’t offering no one an R1 with bags, Suzuki did and it’s a GSXR and don’t be fooled I knew that when I ordered up front. I’ve road raced long time and owned GSXRs for ever and this is what I’ve been waiting my whole life for. Is it good, yes, is it good in the turns, absolutely yes and it does not wiggle past 130 it just keeps pulling until bs euro cutoff at 156. Same as my old GSXS 1000 naked from 2016 same engine! 

Yamaha quality is 100% on the money, but dont be fooled, Suzuki knows how to make engines, i think you made  a good choice with your bike. 

• Thumbsup 2

18 hours ago, psyshack said:

I stopped at a dealer today and tried to buy a 2022 Tracer 9 GT. There out the door price all in was $15,299.00. They had a Icon and Red one. Only new bikes they had on the showroom floor. I offered $13k cash got the money on me and they wouldn't take it. I've known the parts manager for 30 years. His parents use to own the dealer. Parts manager and I went to the shop for a drink and smoke. He told me he only stayed on to help the new owner out and he is about to retire sell his FJR and race bikes,,,, buy a Wing and try to forget about the good old days. He said if mom and dad still owned the dealer they would not have let you leave without one of those bikes. He then called his parents and I got to have a chat with them. The good thing about that conversation they still own a all original RZ350 yellow/black I've tried to buy from them a 100 times. The old dealer owners told me today if one of the boys does not buy it from them. They will sell it to me!!! But no T9GT today...

10 hours ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Your timing is off. I'm not at all surprised they were not interested. Now is a seller's market. For that bike they'd probably turn down $14.5k out the door.

Had a Doc. appointment yesterday so we took the Wing to town and swung by a couple local dealers. Ended up being a 200 mile or better day taking the long way everywhere we went. The Yam dealer has had the Icon/silver/black/blue T9GT for almost 8 weeks on the sales floor. They have already lost there ass on the bike in this so called sellers market. With the red T9GT going on the sales floor this Thursday. It was 106F here yesterday and no bikes were out. And there was absolutely no traffic at all at the dealer on a Friday afternoon, few bikes in the shop and the dyno cell was open. The only person that came through the dealer the hour we were there was some sot that didn't understand how to install a get back whip on his old 1700 worn out Star big twin. There MSRP or anything close to it sales window has ended regardless of china flue BS. Under the original ownership I bought at least 7 or 8 new bikes from them since 1982 and a pickup truck load of jugs, heads, exhaust systems, machine work and dyno time. As we were hanging out in the shop the sales lady came back and looked like she was going to tell us no customers in the shop,,, ins. reasons you know. But she caught us looking at a pallet of parts with tags on them with PSY written on them. The parts manager told the sales lady this is PSY he owns all these parts. This is the cat we pay a commission to when we sell any of these parts. I looked at her and told her my names in your system and my offer stands and it is the most I will pay OTD. Don't bother calling with a so called counter offer or my number goes down. She spun around and went back to the empty sales floor. I'm not mean about this but there has never been a car, truck or motorcycle worth MSRP,,, none! My money is always worth more than your product. It's not a emotional thing and you will never hear me say I love this bike. I love my wife, kids, family and friends. Not machines. It's just a motorcycle and business.

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, psyshack said:

The Yam dealer has had the Icon/silver/black/blue T9GT for almost 8 weeks on the sales floor. They have already lost there ass on the bike in this so called sellers market. With the red T9GT going on the sales floor this Thursday.  ...............It was 106F here yesterday and no bikes were out. 

Shows how different the world can look depending on where you stand. Out here in southern CA you can't hardly find a Tracer anywhere.  Back in January this year, I bought one of three that were sitting side by side on the floor of Temecula Motorsports. The other two were gone within a week.  They also had three new Busas on the floor, they were gone within a couple more weeks.  My Tracer was marked down $1000 but they simultaneously added in a $1300 mark-up.  I was out the door for $17,500.  Taxes are very high in CA, and BTW bikes like this are hot.  They don't sit for long.

I realize $17k is a shocking high number for a 900cc triple.  However this is a very capable, well equipped motorcycle, modern in every respect.  I don't even mind the high Cali taxes.  This is a great place to live and ride.

• Thumbsup 1

I lived in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach from 1975 to 1980. Saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out. I was just about to close on my very first home purchase in Costa Mesa. My gut told me this place ain't right. Killed the deal and went back to Arkansas. The only thing I have missed at all is the bike culture. 

• Thumbsup 4

21 hours ago, psyshack said:

Saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out. I was just about to close on my very first home purchase in Costa Mesa. My gut told me this place ain't right

One of the beauties of this forum is that we really focus on the Yamaha Tracer. Even if we occasionally let a Suzuki S-1000GT fan come in and taunt us with an admittedly fantastic machine...

Anyway, point being we're a global group that aren't really interested in American tribalism, or any other country's tribalism for that matter, so if you want to prognosticate about California vs Arkansas can I suggest you take it up on Facebook or some other forum?

That being said, I'd love to hear about the bike culture that you liked. What part of it appealed to you?

23 minutes ago, ZigMerid said:

One of the beauties of this forum is that we really focus on the Yamaha Tracer. Even if we occasionally let a Suzuki S-1000GT fan come in and taunt us with an admittedly fantastic machine...

Anyway, point being we're a global group that aren't really interested in American tribalism, or any other country's tribalism for that matter, so if you want to prognosticate about California vs Arkansas can I suggest you take it up on Facebook or some other forum?

That being said, I'd love to hear about the bike culture that you liked. What part of it appealed to you?

All of it! When it comes to motorcycles and riding them SoCal is the best in the USA if not the world. Every type of motorcycling, motorcycles, people, parts, engineering, riding and racing is there. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, psyshack said:

SoCal is the best in the USA

Agreed.

I've ridden in a few places around the planet, but the west coast from LA north to Portland is certainly some sweet riding. From weaving thru Redwood forests, Pacific coast Hwy 1, isolated communities such as Sheltered Cove and the wrassle thru the SF Bay area which has its own delights in its own way if you don't mind a ton of traffic...

So Psy, where do you ride now that gives you a buzz?

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, ZigMerid said:

Agreed.

I've ridden in a few places around the planet, but the west coast from LA north to Portland is certainly some sweet riding. From weaving thru Redwood forests, Pacific coast Hwy 1, isolated communities such as Sheltered Cove and the wrassle thru the SF Bay area which has its own delights in its own way if you don't mind a ton of traffic...

So Psy, where do you ride now that gives you a buzz?

Ozarks,,,,

Apart from the nearly perfect weather, here in CA a Suzuki or Yamaha or any other kind of 2-wheel device is allowed to plow between cars. Between lanes. At 70 mph!  In fact, from what I’ve witnessed, and am about to witness again in a little while as I ride Tracer south to San Diego for a Dr appointment, is that motorcycles in Cali are Special Category devices. We are allowed to go as fast as we want!  It isn’t just the LEOs allowing this freedom. It is the general motoring public. Cars get out of our way!

I was in the Army and have ridden in most every US state. I have never seen a place where motorcycles are so “beloved” by the general public, as in California.