Suzuki S-1000GT+

I looked at one weekend before last. And I left it setting. They look better in pictures. They wanted $15k for it on a bike with a MSRP of $13149.00. I saw a absolute max price bike of $10k all in and not a cent more. Did nothing for me and I have owned a lot Suzuki's in my life. 

• Supporting Member

Morning!

I sat on one at a dealer in Dalton, Georgia. It would make an awesome "1 up" Sport Tourer with a riding position a LOT like the FJR. Fit and finish looked superb and the dash was easy to read and bright. The blue color is nice, just not Yamaha galazy blue nice. Dealer had two and one was already sold. Full list price, but at least they had one for sale! 👍

• Thumbsup 3

Very scarce here in New England.  And they usually sell as soon as they arrive at a dealer cause someone had a deposit down.

I really want to ride one as a potential FJ replacement but can't get a dealer to work that out.

And if you pay only MSPR consider yourself lucky.  Gouging common on this popular and hard to get bike.

There seems confusion on the GT vs. the GT+.  The GT does not include hard bags.  Not sure what MSRP is on the + model.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, nhchris said:

There seems confusion on the GT vs. the GT+.  The GT does not include hard bags.  Not sure what MSRP is on the + model.

GT - $13,149

GT+ - $13,799

I still haven't seen one at the local dealer, last time I asked they still didn't have a firm delivery date.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The 1000GT+ looks really good. On paper, tho, it seems like the Ninja 1000SX scratches the same itch, and since it has a couple of years head start, has worked out the bugs and added a few extra farkles. But certainly one of these bikes is on my radar, along with the R1250RS, as a potential replacement for my FJ. 

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

2 hours ago, maximo said:

The 1000GT+ looks really good. On paper, tho, it seems like the Ninja 1000SX scratches the same itch, and since it has a couple of years head start, has worked out the bugs and added a few extra farkles. But certainly one of these bikes is on my radar, along with the R1250RS, as a potential replacement for my FJ. 

Yeah I am seriously wanting an R1250RS next.......it's likely the perfect overall bike for me. I really like this Suzuki minus no centerstand, I've always liked and had great luck with Suzuki's.

• Thumbsup 2

Having owned the GSX-S1000 (naked version) i can say that the engine is freaking nuts. So much power!
 But the fact that it could do 137kmh in first gear was simply not okay, i could never really wring its neck without doing stupid speeds. Had to get rid of it simply because it made me ride in a way that really was not ideal.
Everything about the bike was great tho, was a blast around the Nürburgring! 

If they have changed the gearing on the new bike i think it could be a real winner, the K5 motor is fantastic. One of the best sounding 4 bangers ever (imo)

image.jpeg

Edited by Sunde
  • Thumbsup 2

I stopped at a dealer today and tried to buy a 2022 Tracer 9 GT. There out the door price all in was $15,299.00. They had a Icon and Red one. Only new bikes they had on the showroom floor. I offered $13k cash got the money on me and they wouldn't take it. I've known the parts manager for 30 years. His parents use to own the dealer. Parts manager and I went to the shop for a drink and smoke. He told me he only stayed on to help the new owner out and he is about to retire sell his FJR and race bikes,,,, buy a Wing and try to forget about the good old days. He said if mom and dad still owned the dealer they would not have let you leave without one of those bikes. He then called his parents and I got to have a chat with them. The good thing about that conversation they still own a all original RZ350 yellow/black I've tried to buy from them a 100 times. The old dealer owners told me today if one of the boys does not buy it from them. They will sell it to me!!! But no T9GT today...

• Thumbsup 2

11 minutes ago, Sunde said:

Having owned the GSX-S1000 (naked version) i can say that the engine is freaking nuts. So much power!
 But the fact that it could do 137kmh in first gear was simply not okay, i could never really wring its neck without doing stupid speeds. Had to get rid of it simply because it made me ride in a way that really was not ideal.
Everything about the bike was great tho, was a blast around the Nürburgring! 

If they have changed the gearing on the new bike i think it could be a real winner, the K5 motor is fantastic. One of the best sounding 4 bangers ever (imo)

image.jpeg

I had a K75 that made me ride stupid crazy in E CO and W KS. My Tracer 900GT can go faster than I want but won't let it now.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, psyshack said:

I stopped at a dealer today and tried to buy a 2022 Tracer 9 GT. There out the door price all in was $15,299.00. They had a Icon and Red one. Only new bikes they had on the showroom floor. I offered $13k cash got the money on me and they wouldn't take it.

But no T9GT today...

MSRP is $15K + TTL, doc fees, set up and and any other misc fees and I would expect an OTD price of at least $17k depending on regional tax.  $15,299 would be an absolute steal on a bike that no one can seem to get their hands on, an offer of $13k would just be insulting.  I can understand why they said no, dealerships have to survive just like any other business.

• Thumbsup 4

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, roy826 said:

I’ve had mine since may 18th. Put 1900 miles on it first weekend to Suches GA from MS.

21BDE923-FD48-4992-A2C3-A79281B0C323.jpeg

QUESTION--

How would you compare the noise level of the Tracer to the S1000GT+?

Is the Suzuki quieter and more refined at highway speeds?  That's a big issue for me.

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

2 hours ago, nhchris said:

QUESTION--

How would you compare the noise level of the Tracer to the S1000GT+?

Is the Suzuki quieter and more refined at highway speeds?  That's a big issue for me.

cb

Stock crap tracer 900 gt screen worked for me. No one else. This is like riding my GSXR. I still like it cause it’s intoxicating with power delivery. Literally hails the mail and suzuki nailed the euro 5 bs on fueling no on of tracer jerk. It’s so lightening quick on the throttle you cannot use A mode. It’s bad ass! I totally forgot about the windscreen. The engine is so damn good. 

And no it’s the same gearing as the naked. A little tight but I like a GSXR so I’m good with it. The auto blipper/quick shifter lays Yamaha into the dirt. This works no feeling you just bent a shifter fork just a slight pop out the exhaust pipe on up shifts. The blipper part I’m not a fan of on any bike I’m from another era where I did that with my clutch. It does work well however. I just don’t like the feel. Personal feeling there. Does it need the IMU nah I have that On my 21 GSX-R1000R and can’t even tell if it’s doing anything. The GSXS is solid platform from a solid GSXR heritage just added side bags and subframe to tote weight. 

it’s a badass bike trust me! 

Edited by roy826
  • Thumbsup 4