Steve Gowing custom seats

For those of y’all in the US who are looking for a solution for the awful seat, I’d like to wholeheartedly recommend that you contact Steve Gowing and let him build you a custom seat. The level of service he gives is incomparable. We spent a couple of hours on the phone before and during my seat build, discussing how I ride, how I sit, what I carry, etc. I sent him a couple dozen pictures of the bike, both with and without me sitting on it. He sent me pics throughout the build, calling me to discuss limitations of the pan, solutions for the issues he found, and custom cover options. Steve’s craftsmanship and attention to detail are excellent, and his efforts are clearly evident in the final product. 

I’ve only spent a couple hours on the new seat, but it is far superior to the stock seat in every way. It is level, supportive, and actually shaped for a human’s rear end. It is a little taller and wider, but it is an excellent fit for me. At 6’ tall, I can just about flat foot it with both feet in riding boots. I can’t wait to really put it through its paces this weekend when I head from Texas to Missouri.

http://stevegowing.com

A good seat adds so much to riding enjoyment and is usually the first mod I do on a new bike.  I will keep this guy in mind for future reference.

I had Terry Adcox build a custom seat for me and it is all day comfortable.  Like yours, mine is a bit wider and taller than stock.  Not as attractive on the bike as the stock seat, but I place a high value on function over form.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.