Vcyclenut tune Mileage

Mattf

I have a 2020 tracer. I travel quite a bit and need to know if there is a drop off in fuel mileage with Daves basic tune. I have the Akropvic 3 hole Exhaust with the baffle in but would take it out if I do the tune. At this point I get about 48 mpg.

• Premium Member

My fastest red 15 NEVER has got more than 44 mpg riding it sedately and Dave's flash (or anyone elses) didn't drop it more than a couple mpg.

I ride it the way it was designed to be ridden, it likes, needs to rev!  Consequently, I'm happy if I realize 39 to 42 mpg riding moderately hard.

YRMV

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I have Vnut's flash and an Akro full exhaust, no cat, on my 2019 GT.  About 15k miles after the flash.  If only city riding, get prompted for fuel at 155 miles.   All other riding usually 175 before low fuel light comes on.  Plenty good range for me although wish the bike came w a 5 gallon tank.

Biggest benefit is much smoother fueling.

4 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

Which I calculate to be 280-ish km which is pretty pathetic in my neck of the woods, being country Australia.

I got over 400km on my old V-Strom and thought that to be *just* acceptable for my application 🙂

4 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

5 gallon tank

I think it'd have to be 6 gallons to make it fully realise the "Tourer" part of Sports Tourer.

I note that the 9GT+ still has the same tank size so there is zero chance of Mr Yamaha changing this unfortunately. Sigh.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, ZigMerid said:

Which I calculate to be 280-ish km which is pretty pathetic in my neck of the woods, being country Australia.

I got over 400km on my old V-Strom and thought that to be *just* acceptable for my application 🙂

I think it'd have to be 6 gallons to make it fully realise the "Tourer" part of Sports Tourer.

I note that the 9GT+ still has the same tank size so there is zero chance of Mr Yamaha changing this unfortunately. Sigh.

A LOT of new sport tourer ADVs don't have 6 gallon tanks, maybe 5.5 BUT have WORSE mileage and are 50+ #s heavier.

A flash doesn't change the character just the controllability.

Keeping the revs up in technical riding and rheostat like incremental changes of thrust, back torque and braking are essential for a safe and rapid pace with any CP3.

If you're looking for mileage get a HD or other low reving torquee motor. 😎