Proof is in the damn pudding. FJ-09 Dyno Results

Stock Exhaust before and after flash +4 HP!

http://i.imgur.com/117vS45.png

M-4 Exhaust Baffle in Before and after Flash +7 HP!

http://i.imgur.com/bL0PwoL.png

So, a healthy HP gain for both stock and M-4 Exhausts plus, the flash fixes the loss in bottom end torque when you change exhausts! Plus, people are reporting such smooth engine response all the way across the board with these tunes!

Great work Nels! As always. This is the way the FJ-09 would be if Yamaha didn't have to play emissions games with bikes.

And this proves that changing exhaust alone without a flash actually LOSES HP and Torque!!! who in the hell wants to do that?  
Stock HP without flash 103.40

M-4 without Flash 102.77

The driveability was worse to. It just felt like it wanted to stall if I lugged (low RPMs) it at all.

• 7 months later...
awesome, thx!!  This is long term planning for me. Been spending so much on suspension and luggage.... But this lets me spread out the costs a bit. 

Cruizin, you have changed so many parts on your bike I'm shocked no exhaust work :)

That's my bike on the dyno and yes you can keep it if you mod the rubber bumper where the center stand rests. The 'near stall' feeling is almost all gone, and the throttle control is MUCH better 

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 2 years later...
And this proves that changing exhaust alone without a flash actually LOSES HP and Torque!!! who in the hell wants to do that?  

M-4 without Flash 102.77
Apologies for breathing life into such an old thread but I've just done my due diligence on buying an exhaust.

I'm afraid I have to laugh at the numbers you used Cruizin. That's not even a 1% difference! The result is essentially the same: 103hp. However I do accept that simply whacking on a new exhaust can make things worse not better.

I've made a fairly conservative choice and gone for a Scorpion slip-on.

CS

M-4 without Flash 102.77
Apologies for breathing life into such an old thread but I've just done my due diligence on buying an exhaust. 
I'm afraid I have to laugh at the numbers you used Cruizin. That's not even a 1% difference! The result is essentially the same: 103hp. However I do accept that simply whacking on a new exhaust can make things worse not better.

I've made a fairly conservative choice and gone for a Scorpion slip-on.

CS
The conservative choice would have been the flash. The slip on only compounds the low throttle fueling issues that the FJ comes with from the factory.
The slip on will likely have backfiring problems on deceleration as well. Do yourself a favor and get a flash done. If I had a stock FJ and only got to do one mod the flash would be it.

The conservative choice would have been the flash. The slip on only compounds the low throttle fueling issues that the FJ comes with from the factory. The slip on will likely have backfiring problems on deceleration as well. Do yourself a favor and get a flash done. If I had a stock FJ and only got to do one mod the flash would be it.

I'm afraid I don't agree, well not completely.  ;) 
My low fueling issues are sorted thanks to Kevs O2 controller.  Scorpion are one of the few aftermarket exhaust manufacturers that develop their products per bike on the dyno so that everything works as advertised.  The slip-on I am buying is homologated and EU approved to work with the bike.

We are fortunate on this side of the pond that our bikes aren't strangulated like yours, so whilst a bench flash can be beneficial the benefits are probably not quite as tangible as for you boys in the colonies.  Having also done quite a bit of research on what benefits a bench flash can provide I decided in the end not to go for that option just now.  If in the future I decide to flash the ECU it will be in combination with a dyno run to properly tune *my* bike.

CS 

Yeah, not my bike! Don't ask me, I just work here! lol
Have you (or anyone else in the shop) done an FJ-09 with the Yamaha/Yoshi Y-Series exhaust System (P/N 2SC-E46D0-V0-00)?  If so, what were the results (stock & flashed ECU, both before & after exhaust swap)?  Being that this is the only (as far as I'm aware of) 50-state street-legal exhaust swap for the FJ-09, I'm certain there are a lot of people interested in knowing. 

Archived