Corbin Seat on the Way

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spunrdneck
let us know when they have finished... I was going to call and see if I could get that done with the freebie program :) looks like you beat me to it! I have had a bunch of bikes done that way.

Perfect ride along the coastal mountains and past the reservoirs to Hollister today.  Met the nicest riders at the factory while we hung out a the Cafe.  I had a chance to see a lot of custom seats being built while riders waited.  The most fascinating bike getting a new seat was a 2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R.  The owner told me all about it and let me check it out closely.  The foam they use on these seats is amazing.  My body will be thanking me for this.

20150502_105902.jpg 

Showroom/lobby at Hollister factory.

20150502_095033.jpg

I say goodbye for May.

20150502_095623.jpg

Guest spunrdneck
The day you say "it's done" I will call for my ride in appointment! I can hardly wait!

armyeod, I had that problem and I set it on the tall adjustment then pulled the front rubber bumpers from the seat to give it a forward angle and let the boys breathe a little! worked for me, can be reversed and it's free!

The day you say "it's done" I will call for my ride in appointment! I can hardly wait! 
armyeod, I had that problem and I set it on the tall adjustment then pulled the front rubber bumpers from the seat to give it a forward angle and let the boys breathe a little! worked for me, can be reversed and it's free!
how tall are you?  I am 70 inches.  I will try your idea to see how it works.  Still looking to see what aftermarket stuff will appear.   

Guest spunrdneck
how tall are you?  I am 70 inches.  I will try your idea to see how it works.  Still looking to see what aftermarket stuff will appear. 

I am 5'9" so, pretty close! It isn't perfect but did help make my hour commute tolerable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I hope the Corbin works out for you. I have bought two bikes with Corbins installed, and I did not like them. I find the foam to be like a rock mile after mile. I also find that healthier gentlemen tend to like the Corbins, where the boney type do not. YMMV
Here's to hoping for a good aftermarket seat option. friday_zpsy7vrreqp.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Yes, the Corbin form is very dense, the key to comfort is shape really.  It is interesting how a wooden chair can be very comfortable at a desk if the shape is just right.  I have also bought used bikes with a Corbin that was OK, but not a stand out.  For me the stock FJ seat is fine density, but the shape is just wrong around the front edges.  

Loved the Corbins on my VStrom 1K, ST1100 and ST4S. Top 24hr miles was 1349 on the 'Strom, over 1K on the ST1100, and ~800 on the ST4S.

OTOH, I hated the Corbin on my Hayabusa. 600+ miles on the stock seat was no problem, however.

I will probably buy one for the FJ, so very interested to see the results.

Guest spunrdneck
I have had a few Corbin seats and the only one I really liked was the one they made specifically for me... it was on my F800GS and I never even thought about my butt or the seat no matter how far I rode! I had a couple "off the shelf" seats that I hated and one on a bike I bought used that always felt like someone else's!
Trench: go early when it is time to pick up your bike as they will let you go for a ride and then have them dial it in for you! you can easily spend most of the day there so bring your tablet to post pics to FJ09.org and have breakfast at the café!they might even let you do a smoky burnout in the showroom! check out the floor when you are there! ;)

Archived