Corbin Seat on the Way

Whoops, you posted while I was typing...

I'm not sure that measurement (Corbin photo) is correct at that location. The factory bag mount rails are 13", and the seat doesn't look that wide... I dunno..?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, here are some more detailed pics of the clearances (lateral and aft).  The seat is about 13.5" wide at the farthest edge.  There is about 5/8" clearance between seat and handle.  You can see the rear clearances in relationship to the bike mounts.

20150622_191326.jpg

20150622_191514.jpg\\
20150622_191504.jpg

20150622_191439.jpg
20150622_191448.jpg
20150622_202040.jpg
20150622_202032.jpg

I put about 1700 miles in five days on the stock seat (with an Airhawk) and I am about ready to convene a war crimes tribunal in the Hague for the individuals responsible for the design of the stock seat. Despite my initially giving it the benefit of the doubt the flimsy two piece design is far too thin to be effective for anything but short rides, at least to a big guy like me (280 lbs+). That the stock seat is barely attached to the bike when installed correctly doesn't help the warm fuzzies either. I don't think that any seat based off that seatpan will be as satisfactory than what we are seeing offered by Corbin here. 

I have to agree that the quality of seat starts with the seat pan and how it connects to the bike.  The comparison of construction between a full custom seat and this Yamaha-approved stock one is alarming.  The trick is getting the right shape for you.  I am still wondering if I got the right shape on my Corbin.  I still have some complaints while riding, but when I get off things recover much more quickly.

• Premium Member
I have had two Corbin seats - one for a Ducati 750SS which was absolutely perfect in every way and one for my 996 which was worse than the stock seat. I think it just goes to show how hard it is to make seats for so many different body weights and bike types.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Can someone tell me if they bought the comfort seat from yamaha and is it good? I find this one to expensive and plus I have 25% discount on accessories from yamaha when I bought the bike... Plus I heard the wait is super long for the Corbin by the time I get it summer will be over and I don't think I will keep this bike for a long time. Thanks!!

Can someone tell me if they bought the comfort seat from yamaha and is it good? I find this one to expensive and plus I have 25% discount on accessories from yamaha when I bought the bike... Plus I heard the wait is super long for the Corbin by the time I get it summer will be over and I don't think I will keep this bike for a long time. Thanks!!
The few reports I've heard about the Yamaha Comfort Seat is it looks nice but doesn't feel much different from the stock seat.  I have not tried it personally.  Do a search on the forum.  There's posts about it.

Archived