Corbin Seat on the Way

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incidentally - Corbin's seat heater rocks. It's October in New England and my tushie is coddled in lovely warmth starting from a couple blocks from my house all the way to work. Highly recommended. I'd add a heat controller and/or a relay to the seat wiring so it turns off with the key, otherwise a dead battery is sure to happen.

• 1 month later...
Well, my Corbin came in this week.  Install was really easy as the fit is perfect.  Very rigid base support and it snaps right in to place.  I'm quite pleased about that.  Yesterday was about 50 degrees F here in New England, so I headed for the Catskills (over the border into NY) for a test ride.  Did a total of 200 miles of back roads.  This is a huge improvement over both the stock and the Seat Concepts.  With a bit more break in time I'm thinking this is an all day saddle.

In another thread, someone was recommending a Russell.  I've had one and they are great, but they depend on the OEM seat pan, and I think that's a problem for the FJ.  I'd have to say that Corbin has the right plan in making a new pan for better support.

Anyway, here is a shot of the new saddle at my ride-to-eat destination:
IMG_1348.jpg

I wonder if heat contrloller fot Tourmaster jacket heat liner would work. My Corbin is in wi pick up tomorrow. Din't want to keep adding pigtails to the battery terminals. When I turn that key off I want all electrics to go off. What they call that electrical plAte that gets your pigtails off your battery terminals?
2015 FJ-09 matte gray
2013 Honda CB1100
2004 Triumph T100 Bonneville

• Premium Member
Well, my Corbin came in this week.  Install was really easy as the fit is perfect.  Very rigid base support and it snaps right in to place.  I'm quite pleased about that.  Yesterday was about 50 degrees F here in New England, so I headed for the Catskills (over the border into NY) for a test ride.  Did a total of 200 miles of back roads.  This is a huge improvement over both the stock and the Seat Concepts.  With a bit more break in time I'm thinking this is an all day saddle. 
In another thread, someone was recommending a Russell.  I've had one and they are great, but they depend on the OEM seat pan, and I think that's a problem for the FJ.  I'd have to say that Corbin has the right plan in making a new pan for better support.

Anyway, here is a shot of the new saddle at my ride-to-eat destination:
IMG_1348.jpg

What tank bag are you using? Ditto on the Corbin, love mine, and also have a Seat Concepts with heavy foam. Corbin suits me better. 

What tank bag are you using? Ditto on the Corbin, love mine, and also have a Seat Concepts with heavy foam. Corbin suits me better.
The tank bag is a Givi as per here:  http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-3d603-4l-tanklock-semi-rigid-tankbag But I installed it backwards as it looked really stupid when set normally. Only issue with this is that the zipper closes at the front.  It's quite small so I've had to get used to having less stuff available.

• 1 month later...
fj09rider, My seat lock works great with the corbin, but this is an issue that is typical with Corbin. You either need to gently lift up on the seat to release the pressure on the lock, or more likely, you need to push down pretty hard. That is hard enough to compress the rubber bumpers and lower the seat enough to relieve the latch pressure. If the latter works, you can then put a washer or two under the latch wire loop under the seat pan to better line things up. Good luck and do post your solution.

• Premium Member
At first after around 100 miles I get uncomfortable on my Corbin seat. Now at 4000 miles I don't have that issue. The seat is breaking in to my butt or my butt is breaking in to the seat... I also bought the Corbin seat conditioner. Good product to keep the seat protected. Easy to apply. The Corbin seat looks great on the FJ09. The stock seat hard angles on the sides cut off circulation on the insides of my thighs. Didn't like the stock seat from the first time I rode the bike but I knew there would be aftermarket seats available.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived