Corbin Seat on the Way

Sargent seats have a seat in development for Tracer / FJ09. Not familiar with them in the UK - anybody have any experience? And is it likely to be less bulky than the Corbin?

EDIT: Just found they have a UK website. Their price and delivery times for the FZ-09 seats (£319, in stock or 3 weeks if custom order) make Corbin's look pretty shabby.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sargent seats have a seat in development for Tracer / FJ09. Not familiar with them in the UK - anybody have any experience? And is it likely to be less bulky than the Corbin? 
EDIT: Just found they have a UK website. Their price and delivery times for the FZ-09 seats (£319, in stock or 3 weeks if custom order) make Corbin's look pretty shabby.
I've had 3 Sargent seats: 2000 SV650S, 2009 675 Street Triple, 2010 WR250X. And I had a Corbin on my 1996 ZX-6E. All were comfortable and well made. But the Corbin weighed a TON and its underside fiberglass base was shabby looking. The Sargents were barely heavier than the stock seats, and had very good sturdy nicely finished plastic bases. 

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I have had a Sargent seat before - bought secondhand and used it for 3 years on my R1150GS, then sold it for a profit! 
It was very well made and a big improvement on the OE seat.

I've ordered a pair of the Bagster seats direct from France - full review when it arrives. No idea how soon that is as they are made to order.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I have had a Sargent seat before - bought secondhand and used it for 3 years on my R1150GS, then sold it for a profit! 
It was very well made and a big improvement on the OE seat.

I've ordered a pair of the Bagster seats direct from France - full review when it arrives. No idea how soon that is as they are made to order.
Have you got a link? I went to the Bagster website - they don't seem to have a bolt-on for the Tracer - as fars as I can see they re-upholster your own seat.  

• Premium Member
this French dealer always has new Baglux/Bagster products on their website before the maker and the UK distributor
2 seats, Diva and Presto on this link http://www.silverstonemotor.com/comfort-saddle,us,3,80.cfm?pag=2
Diva has more customisation options.
I have ordered the Diva model with red piping and Bultex foam - 360 euros which was converted to just under £262 by Mastercard.
Ordered on 28 Aug and still waiting.
I have put the links in the other seat thread http://fj-09.org/thread/2149/list-seat-options
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
this French dealer always has new Baglux/Bagster products on their website before the maker and the UK distributor 2 seats, Diva and Presto on this link http://www.silverstonemotor.com/comfort-saddle,us,3,80.cfm?pag=2
I have ordered the Diva model with red piping and Bultex foam - 360 euros which was converted to just under £262 by Mastercard.
I have put the links in the other seat thread http://fj-09.org/thread/2149/list-seat-options
If you look at the French Tracer forum they are very popular. Let us know what it feels like. Of course, if you spend £260 on a seat I'm sure you also buy a substantial placebo effect. Use your old Garmin to get to Oswestry - 5 hours in the saddle should give a good idea.

• Premium Member
this French dealer always has new Baglux/Bagster products on their website before the maker and the UK distributor 2 seats, Diva and Presto on this link http://www.silverstonemotor.com/comfort-saddle,us,3,80.cfm?pag=2
If you look at the French Tracer forum they are very popular. Let us know what it feels like. Of course, if you spend £260 on a seat I'm sure you also buy a substantial placebo effect. Use your old Garmin to get to Oswestry - 5 hours in the saddle should give a good idea.
Website says a 15 day turnaround. If that's French working days then I might get it for Xmas, what with their bank holidays, bridging weekends etc.  
I wasn't impressed with the new Garmin's curvy roads route to get to Bibury today. It doesn't seem to know the road past the airport to bypass the town centre...

• Premium Member
Website says a 15 day turnaround. If that's French working days then I might get it for Xmas, what with their bank holidays, bridging weekends etc.  
I wasn't impressed with the new Garmin's curvy roads route to get to Bibury today. It doesn't seem to know the road past the airport to bypass the town centre...
There's your error. You used a SatNav to give you directions when you knew the road and knew exactly what you wanted to do. Use a SatNav for unknown roads.

• Premium Member
There's your error. You used a SatNav to give you directions when you knew the road and knew exactly what you wanted to do. Use a SatNav for unknown roads.
It was a shakedown test to see if I can trust it to pick a genuinely curvy road. I will conduct more research as a datum is not enough evidence to provide eternal damnation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
email from Silverstone saying my Bagster has shipped. After riding from London to Newcastle and back this weekend, I have to say I can't wait. I also can barely sit down.
same here - I have a La Poste tracking no. - it's on the website under order tracking

Bagster seat arrived - directly replaces the stock, separate pilot and passanger. Quality looks good, there is a bit more 'gap' in the fitting at the nose of the saddle on the high setting, but I prefer the seating position in high.  

Not ridden yet, will try to get some miles in and report back with pics. Looks good though! Miles better than the Corbin. 

• Premium Member
My Bagster seat is at home too. I'm150 miles away in Portsmouth. Review to follow after a weekend ride

Archived