Best Full Face Helmet With Sun Visor?

16 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

HJC F70 no contest!  I bought it for $210 at FC-Moto incl. shipping to the US.

I have that helmet as well, most excellent for the price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

After 3 weeks, finally received my LS2 Blaze. Cheapest helmet I have ever purchased in 20 years at $150 incl Revzilla bucks and tax. Rode this morning for the 1st time. The visor does its thing blocking the sun without the wind pulling your head off behind the tall screen. 

Good - visor works and lots of ventilation. Reasonably light. No buffering compared to full face or modular helmets. Similar noise to those helmets. All of the features of a more expensive helmet. Pockets for speakers. ECE 22.05 and DOT. 

Bad - thin padding. Sun visor is a weird blue color. Visor fogs really easily. Padding is thin. 

The padding is thin and it's not quite a long enough oval so I don't know if I can keep it. It was uncomfortable at the forehead after 45 min. Maybe it will break in. 

Sizing - round/shorter oval than Shoei X11 or Klim TK1200. Maybe same size as Scorpion or slightly shorter oval. 

0428230929.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 4/28/2023 at 11:19 PM, OZVFR said:

You know the old saying, if you’ve got a $150 head, but a $150 helmet. 

Way oversimplification and doesn't consider other safety factors.  The new helmet is ECE22.05 compliant which is the same standard that my main 4 year old Klim TK1200 helmet meets.  And any helmet that doesn't have a peak creates a safety issue commuting east every morning and west every afternoon.

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Way oversimplification and doesn't consider other safety factors.  The new helmet is ECE22.05 compliant which is the same standard that my main 4 year old Klim TK1200 helmet meets.  And any helmet that doesn't have a peak creates a safety issue commuting east every morning and west every afternoon.

This 100%. It drives me crazy when people say the dangerous crap as below:

On 4/28/2023 at 11:19 PM, OZVFR said:

You know the old saying, if you’ve got a $150 head, but a $150 helmet. 

By that logic if I give the shop a couple hundred bucks additional than they were asking I am better protected? Or if I buy the Rossi Winter test AGV over the plain black or white because it's 2x the cost I am better off in a crash? How about if I buy a last years graphic on closeout I am somehow less protected than those who didn't get it on sale?

Two like rated helmets will protect the same in the same wrecks, be it one at $150, $450 or $950. One will last longer, probably be more comfortable, vent better, have more accessories and comfort parts to make it fit your head better but it won't protect any more than the cheaper one.

This has been proved MULTIPLE times over the years

I normally recommend to people to spend in the $250-$450 range because they will still get great comfort, lots of adaptability, usually good vents, good optics, but it's cheap enough if it's dropped or crashed in you'll replace it and not try to use it again because of how much it cost. I have worn $100 helmets and $1,000 helmets; price is only one factor that should be considered when buying and you shouldn't skimp on other protective gear because someone stupidly told you to buy a ridiculously expensive helmet. 

Edited by miweber929
Clarity and spelling
  • Thumbsup 2

I agree. Fit first, features you want, whatever certificatiins are important to you, and cost. I have a hard time finding a helmet that fits and the $$$$ one's don't ever come close. If's not that I can't afford $$$$ but fit isn't there. That's my thoughts on the matter!

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I think the old Bell ad about buying a cheap helmet for a cheap head was put out back in the days before we had good safety standards. 

And make no mistake, my Klim helmet is more comfortable for rides over an hour than this LS2. As I explained earlier I had to have a solution for riding into the sun both ways commuting. This was my way to try out an adv helmet without spending $700+ on a premium helmet if it didn't solve my problem. 

• Thumbsup 2

• 10 months later...

One more vote for HJC - mine if F71 I believe.  Very quiet and light.  Decent but not amazing ventilation.  Pinlock is great, sun visor included, and they are great value (IE: cheap).