Best Full Face Helmet With Sun Visor?

Any good recommendations out there for a full face helmet with a sun visor?  I'm looking for something with a full shield and that's quiet in the wind at freeway speeds.

I bought a Mission AMS snowmobile helmet last year and love the attached, 2 position visor.  It makes riding my sled into the sun so much easier.  I'd like to find something similar in a street bike helmet.

I was following a thread regarding helmet comms and found that most folks liked the Shoei GT Air 2 which is what I bought recently. It's a full face with a built-in sun visor to match your requirements. As for the comms, seems its limited to the Sena SRL mesh or BT which I haven't had time to buy & install yet. It comes with pinlock as well for those cold mornings to prevent face-shield fogging. Comfortable and stylish so far, would recommend as well.

Chiming in! I think noise will largely depend on your height and what windscreen you have on your bike. For reference, I'm 6' and my Tracer has the stock windscreen. I bought a Shoei GT Air 2 and had to re-sell it a month later because it was much noisier than the old AGV K-5 I've been using before.

I'm still using the AGV until I figure out a better option. Super interested in this thread.

Edited by cropduster
  • Thumbsup 1

Good point on the windscreen used and how tall you are. For reference,  I have the Puig windscreen on my '22 T9GT and I'm 5'11.  Prior to the GT Air 2, I was using the Neotec 1 and that was noisier compared to the Air 2. I love the modularity and was considering the newer Neotec 2 but ultimately decided to go back to full face helmets for safety and possibly noise reduction. YMMV...

Edited by robzilla

Oh, sorry.  I meant to say I'm looking for a helmet with this "peak", or baseball cap lid thingy.  It's great for blocking the sun and has a low and high position.  Motocross helmets have them, and I've got one, but I found they're not great for all day street bike use.

Screenshot_20230327_141041_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

Scorpion makes a modular helmet, adjustable face shield and drop down sun shade, and visor like on a D/S helmet BUT the face shield cannot be raised with the visor attached. The visor snaps on. Price was $270. Modular is noisier of course. Might be an option to consider.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Ride On said:

Any good recommendations out there for a full face helmet with a sun visor?  I'm looking for something with a full shield and that's quiet in the wind at freeway speeds.

I bought a Mission AMS snowmobile helmet last year and love the attached, 2 position visor.  It makes riding my sled into the sun so much easier.  I'd like to find something similar in a street bike helmet.

It will be much easier to first determine what shape head you have and what helmets accommodate that shape and from there you can then narrow down who offers what features. 
Certain brands give me a severe head ache, I went to the local Cycle Gear and they helped determine what shape my head was and what brands cater to my needs. 
Since I have a Shoei shaped head I bought the GT Air, it’s comfortable enough to wear all day long with no tight spots. 

• Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I don't even bother to look at price, model, features, brand... I just go to my local shop and start putting on helmets till something just clicks with me. Did that this weekend, ended up in a HJC rpha 11 pro. I just hope it rides as good as it fits.

• Thumbsup 1

I am a fan of the Scorpion AT950, good helmet for the money and the company is great to deal with. I know it's a modular, and I sure do like it when the temps are warmer. :)

• Thumbsup 1

As others have said, buy FIT first, features second. A lovely helmet with bells and whistles is useless if it gives you a headache after an hour. 

That said, I have the Scorption AT950, my first with a peaked visor, and I don't like it. I find that I have to pay too much attention to the position of my head in the wind stream so as to avoid the wind catching it and tugging my head up. 

What I have found to be equally effective in blocking the sun is a single strip of electrical tape on the top half of my visor. It does the same thing as putting your hand out in front of your face to block the sun, or wearing a peaked visor. And it's much less intrusive. 

PXL_20220810_184022874 (1).jpg

Edited by maximo
added picture
  • Thumbsup 6

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

I'm a Scorpion AT950 fan as well. Very comfortable. Wind noise is not bad, its different from bike to bike depending on fairing coverage. I've added a deflector to both my KLR's taller fairing as well as the 2022 Tracers stock fairing. Has the peak your looking for which is nice to block sun with the tilt of your head. It has a drop-down tinted sunscreen and my favorite feature is the ability to flip the whole front up so you can talk to people and/or keep cool at slow speeds.

Scorpion EXO-AT950 ADV Helmet - Review | Rider Magazine 

• Thumbsup 2

On 3/27/2023 at 7:41 PM, kilo3 said:

I don't even bother to look at price, model, features, brand... I just go to my local shop and start putting on helmets till something just clicks with me. Did that this weekend, ended up in a HJC rpha 11 pro. I just hope it rides as good as it fits.

I tried one of those on the other day.  I also liked the fit.  I wasn’t ready to plop down $650 though.  I’d be curious to know if you find it quiet.