Hello from N.E. Cincinnati, Ohio

On 4/6/2023 at 10:44 AM, sirepair said:

I can't comment on the T9GT as I have a '15 FJ-09, but I go with what the others are saying.

If you find yourself heading east for some of the fun SE Ohio roads, look me up!

Also check out MSTA and some of their shenanigans that they host in N Kentucky.  Red River Gorge Rally is a blast!

Terrible riding in NE/SE/S/E parts of Ohio.....absolutely terrible. ;) 

19 minutes ago, KrustyKush said:

I personally like the hand guards. They DO keep airblast off the hands. No doubt. On a cold day the guards make a difference. Not so great in heat, though. My hands def run hotter on a 105f southern CA day. But when it is that hot you don’t get much joy from the wind. 

I think they work just fine as well, this is also the best wind management of any bike I have owned......AKA no buffeting or dirty air for me.

18 hours ago, Brucenterry said:

We’ll, took a test ride and the damn thing followed me home 🤓 . I chose the silver and black based on my current helmet color.  Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated!

Bruce

Congrats.....one of my best buds got the exact same color scheme a few months ago, he is quite smitten with his new bike......but my bike is still faster. :)

On 4/6/2023 at 10:44 AM, sirepair said:

I can't comment on the T9GT as I have a '15 FJ-09, but I go with what the others are saying.

If you find yourself heading east for some of the fun SE Ohio roads, look me up!

Also check out MSTA and some of their shenanigans that they host in N Kentucky.  Red River Gorge Rally is a blast!

Thanks sirepair, MSTA sounds interesting. Can I locate them via search bar on this site?

We have a lot of riders come down from the Cincinnati area to ride the roads in north central Kentucky.   

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I agree with most of the comments. I'm good with the seat and use a lamb skin when on longer trips. The power is great, the roar starting at 5,000 rpm is sweet, and having the option to use the anti-wheelie (LIF - 3) in the TCS-M mode is a wonderful feature for this amount of power.

I will say that the screen shape is flawed with the size of the cuts being too large, this creating an air eddy over the tank once you get over 40mph. As I did with the OEM screen on my Gen 1 Versus, I added an MRA vario to screen add-on that helps alleviate some of the noise from the air eddy. Have fun and I look forward to seeing you out there.

• Thumbsup 1