Abba Skylift with the Tracer

Wintersdark

7 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

Abba have a promotion on just now in the U.K. 10% discount and free delivery. The Skylift now cost £408. 👍  Unfortunately they are out of stock. Back in stock in 2 weeks. 🤞🤞  VERY tempting.😊

I don’t see that offer on their website??

• Supporting Member

Nice product review. I am sure a bunch of people are eyeballing this.

I can see this being very useful where you need to move the project about the garage/shop while it's all apart, to make space for another vehicle or some such... but, otherwise kinda unnecessary to do maintenance on the bike methinks.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member

I might be stating the obvious but FWIW - something that might be worth noting for some people is that delivery might depend on your location anyway.

This snapshot from the UK site only shows delivery to the UK and Europe.

image.png.a9b533a767025e85d1939feee3b339ad.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Was watching a new Abba Skylift + GXSR 750 fitting kit on fleabay here. Sold for £374.

Somebody got a bargain. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Premium Member
On 4/18/2023 at 7:38 PM, Wintersdark said:

What I really love about the Skylift? 

20230418_182348.thumb.jpg.9a16e5d3064af34c08c38a3ece72898e.jpg

Unlike a lift table, it takes up virtually no space while not in use.

Having multiple bikes (and a dedicated 2 wheel shop, which is not relevant to this post), I always keep a bike on my Handy lift table, so the table really does not take up very much additional floor space.

Additionally, the bike I leave on the lift is one I ride infrequently when not otherwise using the lift table, especially duringthe winter.  Consequently, as I keep the lift table in the up position, I find I store shoes and spray cans of lube and waxes under the lift table so they are kept warm when the wall heater blows under it at the work benches on the oppositeshop window wall.  That enables heat circulation towards the opposite side of the shop, as the entire length of that side of the shop has a continuous work bench with built-in tool storage, shelves, cabinets and drawers. I also find myself using the lift table for sort of a staging or temporary storage table in the significant open space around the bike. A 220v 10k btu wall sleeve ac unit is in the perpendicular end wall of the shop directly in front of the lift

So I really get quadruple duty out of my lift table; which as I mentioned before I bought in 95 for about $650 with the excellent wheel vice and dolly that makes moving the table a one-person job.

Yes maybe I have a more unique and enviable work area situation but I designed and built my garage with an integral yet partitioned off shop with a level floor, which required a slight ramp up from the auto parking area through a 5'-6" wide pocket door.  The shop also has its own swinging door.

Yeh it's rough but I grin and bear it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, vic said:

ABBA Skylift back in stock in the UK now but no offers on their website. I think I’ll wait to order and see if there are any offers in May with the Kings Coronation holiday. 

Got e-mail from them. Just going to hang on in the meantime. 🤞🤞

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• 10 months later...
  • Supporting Member

I would quite like one of these BUT....  not when the freight to the land down-under from the Old Dart is just over 60% of the price of the lift itself.  OUCH!

I also note that freight to the US is only around 28% on top of the list price after conversion.  Why such a discrepancy?

Sadly I'm forced to look at alternatives.

Disappointing to say the least.

image.png.d00af4a564188e0094537dd60ffa99c4.png

image.thumb.png.bfc6573399caf6c7d33bfb058c84d46d.png

image.png.32c6fa54532a18f7a0973553a4f89ad9.png

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member

Sad face indeed @2and3cylinders.

I've sent them a stern email about my displeasure and I'm sure 😏 I'll get a completely logical reason why us colonials are gouged out of the equation.

Whatever, and moving on....