For Sale 2020 Tracer 900 GT 28,000 miles

PhotoAl

SOLD 🙂

2020 Tracer 900 GT.  28,000 miles asking $6,000.  Worth more but looking for quick sale and moving on.

Bought new in Sioux Falls SD early September 2020 and has been ridden many places.  It has been to places like Vernal Utah, Calgary Canada, Saskatoon Saskatchewan, across the Big Mac bridge to the Michigan UP twice.  Been to Red Lodge Montana, across Beartooth Pass and thru Yellowstone and many other places in Wyoming, Montana and other states.  It is clean but not a perfect garage queen although it lives in the garage when not on the road.  

Valves checked at 18,000 miles (early but necessary I think)

MRA touring windscreen with Amazon laminar lip.  Original windscreen included.

GIVI aux light bar with LED spots that can be amber or white

LED turn signals and solid state flasher relay.  Brake lights wired to rear turn signals so they are triple function.  Low red, amber turn and bright red brake.  OE Pumpkins included.

Chain replaced at about 16,000 miles with DID X-ring chain and new sprockets - front OEM and rear aftermarket steel.  Master link is rivet type.  Includes spare front sprocket.  

Tires are Michelin Road 6 with 8,000 miles and in good shape with good tread left.  Have new Road 6 rear that is unmounted but comes with the bike.

Skid plate - forget the brand but US made and very sturdy - I've talked about it on this forum.

Has a Neutrino Element solid state relay controller that controls the brightness of the aux lights.  I used one output for heated gear and there are 2 or 3 spare.  

Has the Baxter seats.  OEM seats included.

Sidecases included but weren't on the bike when I took photos - they need to be washed.  Right side case has scratches on the lid - were there when I bought the bike.

Clean title, 2 keys and the little key thing, manual and electronic service manual included.

image.thumb.jpeg.479e49a103cd2a9441eee19d68685918.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.683d98d5ffa59d44f5b6ce92b3585b0c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b9bd5ebf9e27b3bf4463132805fa415e.jpeg

A couple of weeks ago decided to stop riding.  After riding a CanAm Spyder and driving a Vanderhal 3 wheeler I was contemplating what would come close to the open air view all around experience of a motorcycle.  Bought a Mazda Miata with only 4,700 miles on it.  It replaced the bike for fun rides and long trips/adventures out west.  Number of issues brought me to this point with no one being the sole cause of my decision.  It has been a tough year for my wife - she is healthy!  Her mother almost died from COVID and just after that I had prostate surgery for cancer.  I also am on a blood thinner due to afib (resolved and ablated) plus have an aorta aneurysm.  My wife worries a lot about me and I know the risk due to a small crash is much greater due to the blood thinner and aneurysm.  So decided it was time to walk away.

Edited by PhotoAl
added for sale to title
  • Thumbsup 5

Some other stuff for sale:  I'll try and get pick up later today.

Warm n Safe heated jacket yellow.  90watt size M in very good condition.  Only worn a couple of times.  Nice enough looking to wear around when not riding.  I've worn it with my scooter a couple of times and it does a great job of blocking wind - LOL scooter does good running itself much less powering heated gear.

Yamaha 39L top case - very hard to find.  Comes with the lock cylinder kit - I think it is possible to rekey the lock for your key.  The red plastic non light has a couple of cracks in it.  $100 plus shipping.  

Yamaha rack for Tracer 900 GT.  This can be used alone or as a mount for a Yamaha top case. $75 plus shipping.

SW-Motech Pro Trial tank bag and mounting ring - $220 plus shipping.  Only used a couple of times and in like new condition.  This is a large bag but fit nicely on my Tracer 900 GT.  The bars did not hit it at full lock and it was not too close to me when riding.

image.thumb.jpeg.b258b433b7e7c25aa9dcc694143d6baf.jpeg

Edited by PhotoAl
  • Thumbsup 1

Dibs on the 39L top case, do you by chance have the part number? Want to verify it will work with my 2015 FJ-09 with Yamaha luggage rack. 

Edit: After researching, I'm 98% sure it'll work between the FJ-09 and Tracer.

Edited by fitrider82
Research
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

cannot find a number on the top case.  It does not have the back rest which i think is just fastened on to some of them.  The rack has 5BC-F4841 cast as raised letters and numbers.  As far as I know Yamaha only made one 39L top case for motorcycles.  Not sure about the scooters.

Have most of the supplies for a major service, 3 spark plugs, 3 Yamaha oil filters, 3 quarts of Amsoil 10W40 Oil, air filter, cam cover gasket and some miscellaneous fasteners.  Fasteners include one or two fairing bolts - have had them fall out on other bikes so bought some extras just in case.  Have a couple of rear sprocket mounting studs and several nuts.  Everyone talked about how difficult it was to change the rear sprocket so bought some extras just to be safe - of course only messed up one nut using a 12 point socket!  Bike has ScottOiler installed which works really well on long trips or riding at steady speeds.  Not so impressed for local rides.  Has valve stem cap tire pressure monitors which work well.

• Thumbsup 1

Yea, know its a good deal but would rather sell sooner than later.  After the deal with the wife really can't ride it so needs to go so I can move on.  Still have the scooter.  

Bike does have some miles on it but was planning on riding it to Idaho in August/September.  If the bike shop hadn't had the 3 wheel demo day and got me thinking I would probably still have it.  In addition to the ride when I bought it it has done 3 long trips and one "short" trip.  Short trip was 5 days going to near Kansas City to get the seats.  

• PhotoAl changed the title to For Sale 2020 Tracer 900 GT 28,000 miles
  • Premium Member
On 6/27/2023 at 11:47 PM, PhotoAl said:

Have most of the supplies for a major service, 3 spark plugs, 3 Yamaha oil filters, 3 quarts of Amsoil 10W40 Oil, air filter, cam cover gasket and some miscellaneous fasteners.  Fasteners include one or two fairing bolts - have had them fall out on other bikes so bought some extras just in case.  Have a couple of rear sprocket mounting studs and several nuts.  Everyone talked about how difficult it was to change the rear sprocket so bought some extras just to be safe - of course only messed up one nut using a 12 point socket!  Bike has ScottOiler installed which works really well on long trips or riding at steady speeds.  Not so impressed for local rides.  Has valve stem cap tire pressure monitors which work well.

Are you selling the plugs oil filters air filter gasket and miscellaneous fasteners separately if so make me an offer I can't refuse less The oil

2 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Holy cow don't give it away!!!😲

Not trying to give it away but priced for quick sale and with 28,000 miles that scares a lot of folks.  With most of the miles being highway causing miles and with 26,000 being put on in the first two years (25 months technically) I don't think of it as excessive.  I would be much more concerned about a bike that had the same mileage put on over several years with a lot of local riding.  

• Thumbsup 2