Tracer 9 GT + Announcement coming soon!

I was asking Yamaha Canada about whether or not the GT + will be coming to Canada as a 2024 model and was told to watch their page on July 26th for an announcement that we will be interested in!

That is all.

🙂

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 7:47 AM, rlambke19 said:

I was asking Yamaha Canada about whether or not the GT + will be coming to Canada as a 2024 model and was told to watch their page on July 26th for an announcement that we will be interested in!

That is all.

🙂

That'd be awesome if the new 9 GT+ comes to Canada.  There's so much refinement in the new model that it should be catching some major interest among bike shoppers and the adaptive cruise amd radar put it in the league of high tech bikes.  I love my 2020 and am considering getting the GT+ if it comes but just keeping the '20 as well. 

• Thumbsup 1

4 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

I love my 2020 and am considering getting the GT+ if it comes but just keeping the '20 as well. 

Why? They are so similar that it hardly makes sense (to me) ... You'd likely end up riding the GT+ more, I would guess.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

I would keep the 900GT for commuting and use the other one for touring.  It's not that one couldn't do both, but I'd likely get the taller screen and top box and some other touring goodies for it. 

I have a rule about selling one bike if I am purchasing another.   It still makes sense to sell the inline four and keep the old tracer if I go with the new bike because it simply sits in the garage since I picked up the Tracer.  

• Thumbsup 1

14 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

That'd be awesome if the new 9 GT+ comes to Canada.  There's so much refinement in the new model that it should be catching some major interest among bike shoppers and the adaptive cruise amd radar put it in the league of high tech bikes.  I love my 2020 and am considering getting the GT+ if it comes but just keeping the '20 as well. 

I really like my 2021 GT. Not sure it would be worth trading in for the "+". Adaptive cruise is neat on a car, but not sure I need it on my bike. The new TFT screen would be nice, but to be honest I don't mind the "wonky" dash on my GT. But I like new things. 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

I would keep the 900GT for commuting and use the other one for touring.  It's not that one couldn't do both, but I'd likely get the taller screen and top box and some other touring goodies for it. 

I have a rule about selling one bike if I am purchasing another.   It still makes sense to sell the inline four and keep the old tracer if I go with the new bike because it simply sits in the garage since I picked up the Tracer.  

What's your i4 bike @Jayzonk?

It's a Honda CB1000R.  Nice bike thats light and maneuverable but I've grown accustomed to the slightly linger wheelbase of the Tracer so I feel more comfortable pushing it through the corners.  I know that's a but counterintuitive but it's a matter of how you're used to riding.  

• Thumbsup 2

3 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

It's a Honda CB1000R.  Nice bike thats light and maneuverable but I've grown accustomed to the slightly linger wheelbase of the Tracer so I feel more comfortable pushing it through the corners.  I know that's a but counterintuitive but it's a matter of how you're used to riding.  

Nice. Cool looking bike for around town.

Nope - I totally get it.

The Tracer is more like a dirt bike with those wide bars.

I don't know about you, but my knee-dragging days are past me now. 🙂 

If the new bike has a little more plush suspension, I think it would be worth the upgrade. Slightly better wind management and perhaps less of an engine "hunting" feel when freeway touring and it'd be just about perfect.  

• Thumbsup 1

43 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

If the new bike has a little more plush suspension, I think it would be worth the upgrade. Slightly better wind management and perhaps less of an engine "hunting" feel when freeway touring and it'd be just about perfect.  

My '21 is leaps and bounds better than my 2019 in the suspension department. Really big improvement there.

As for wind management, an MRA screen sorts that out.

Never had an issue with the engine hunting...  

11 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

I really like my 2021 GT. Not sure it would be worth trading in for the "+". Adaptive cruise is neat on a car, but not sure I need it on my bike. The new TFT screen would be nice, but to be honest I don't mind the "wonky" dash on my GT. But I like new things. 🙂 

Got to play with adaptive cruise on a KTM 1290 Super Adventure, and to be honest adaptive cruise is amazing.  Really great.  Would I trade in my 2019 for it?  No.  But adaptive cruise is awesome on a bike. 

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 5

16 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Got to play with adaptive cruise on a KTM 1290 Super Adventure, and to be honest adaptive cruise is amazing.  Really great.  Would I trade in my 2019 for it?  No.  But adaptive cruise is awesome on a bike. 

Cool, I'm in!

If I think someone behind me is using adaptive cruise control…..I start slowing down. 

My adaptive cruise control is me.

I want drivers to pay attention to their driving and not rely on a computer to do so.