Tracer 9 GT New Recalls - July 2023 - Oxygen Sensor corrosion & ECU Reflash

Had the latest ECU recall service done on my 2021 today, the original I think it was 2022 recall for the ECU flash because of low speed stalling (I experienced 2x) and other issues. I felt this flash was good with the exception of the decel fuel kick in at 3k rpms (The sudden lack of engine braking), but I lived with it and while I did consider this harsh, I just programmed my self to expect it and adapt to it. It was better then (or is it "better than") the issues that it fixed.

This latest flash I think might do it. Decel to 3k the fuel kick in is super smooth with now notes of burbling and some popping. I'm not sure if they just just use less fuel initially (most likely) or maybe do a "skip cylinder" and during decel don't fire all cylinders and alternate among them to tone down the kick.

I only have 40 miles on the new flash.. but I'm really liking it. Everything else about the engine performance and quick shifter behavior is business as usual.

I did have the O2 sensor recall done and they did not find any corrosion and just boot and taped everything. I'm kind of surprised that is all that they did. My bike is my daily out of 3.5 seasons of the year, rain is rain and nothing more then needing to put on my rain suit.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...