Dirt Bikes

kilo3

Either way the suspension will have to be addressed.

Are two strokes of today better than of 30 years ago? I mean I remember getting a season out of a jug/piston but that's about it. I really like want low maintenance which I was hoping out of a underpowered 4 stroke air cooled. Maybe I'm thinking wrong?

10 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

I love smokers but they are not woods or trails bikes IMHO, so much power and hard to control that ABRUPT power in tight spaces and especially at low speeds. 

that would explain why i spent so much time in tree's and bushes as youngster

• Haha 2

• Supporting Member
56 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

I did a cycletrader search for used dirtbikes in Minnesota, you're right.......there is practically nothing on the used market in that state. 😬

Don't discount Craigslist. I've had two great experiences buying/trading motorcycles there.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=dirt bike#search=1~gallery~0~100

44 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

You're describing the DR 250/350 to a T.

There's a nice unmolested 350 with 3.1K miles on Facebook marketplace up North. Seems to be priced reasonably

I guess the plus side is I can put collector plates on it in two years. 😄

I just don't see the value when I can get a 2023 klx230 out the door for 4k ish.

On a side note, I sent the wife motorcycle shopping today, oh boy we're the quotes all over the place for out the door pricing.

Between almost 2k price difference on a 23 klx300r depending where she went.

1.5k price difference on the 23 klx140rl.

No idea how some of these dealers stay in business, maybe people don't cross shop? Low turnover but high margins I suppose.

Pretty sure we are sticking with the 140 and 230 air cooled thumpers from the ditch booger company now. I'd really like some Honda's 125/250 but I don't have the clout to pull that off, they for sure charge a premium, but do offer at least a kick start option and efi on both models.

I don't have the patience to deal with used shrewd Facebook/craiglist bottom feeders anymore.

• Thumbsup 2

The Yamaha 225 and 230 and the Kaw 230 are really fun bikes for playing around. The newer Honda CRF250F or XR150L would be fun as well. Several years ago my dad an I were talking that the most fun we ever had off-road was when he had a Yamaha TTR225 and I had my '84 XR250R and we used to go play in the woods up north. Even more fun than the CR250R, RM250, WR450F I had after:

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/dual-sport/xr150l

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/trail/crf250f

• Thumbsup 1

PXL-20230929-003908502.jpgWell that just happened. Just got home with a 23' klx300r.

I had no intentions of the 300 but it was sorta on my radar.

I saw this particular bike price kept dropping on the Facebook really fast, guy started at 5.5k and dropped down to 3.7k all in a matter of days. Naturally I had to step in to stop the poor guys misery.

I haven't stolen a bike before but this felt like it.

Still has knubs on the tires for cripes sake.

Edited by kilo3
  • Thumbsup 6
  • Like 2

Yeah, then you have to insure it, get tabs, not a big deal but not worth it.  I'll probably plate it before I sell it just for the extra $$ if it comes to that.
We might even trade it in for two smaller bikes + cash. We'll see, taking it out this weekend to see if it's too much bike for me. It was just too good of a deal to let pass. I'm sure I could turn around and sell it next spring for 4.5k pretty quick.