Dirt Bikes

kilo3

21 hours ago, DT675 said:

Congratulations on the purchase! Looks like fun!  

I learned quickly I am no longer 16 years old, I'm about 1/4 speed through my old woods trails and I still have every inch/corner/rock memorized. 40's going to hurt next year.

On the plus side, I've never experienced new full knob tires, only bald knob tires, because poor teenager. Wow does that make a difference. I could tractor in first just about anywhere I pleased.

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, kilo3 said:

I learned quickly I am no longer 16 years old, I'm about 1/4 speed through my old woods trails and I still have every inch/corner/rock memorized. 40's going to hurt next year...

HAA!! Wait 'til you hit 60!!  :)

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, kilo3 said:

I learned quickly I am no longer 16 years old, I'm about 1/4 speed through my old woods trails and I still have every inch/corner/rock memorized

Nice to have the ability and the smarts to now know we are destructable.

I experienced that recently when I hit a rock garden that I use to fly through on my mountain bike 15 years ago. This time I was AAARGH. 😆

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About the worst day ever. Turns out the 300R I bought was stolen. So yeah, it was too good to be true. Got a nice friendly call from the sheriff's office today.

Guy apparently ran a scam on 4 dealerships in the area, 12+ bikes in total, fake personal checks for all of them, then sold the dirt bikes cash, private sale.

And since dirt bikes don't receive titles in Minnesota, the only way they find them is if they are registered for state trails, which I dutifully did since we would be hitting the trails. Bike hit hot on registration.

Have to return the bike to the dealership and I'm out 3700 bucks. The response for restitution from the sheriff was "get in line, guy has 800k plus in judgement against him as it stands already from a false front construction company".

That was our whole next summer vacation money/plans. At least the wife and kid will get some trail time but I doubt they will go without me.

So hurray for justice, dealer got theirs and I'm broke and pissed.

• Sad 4

• Supporting Member
55 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Terrible news... blood boils to hear stuff like this. Hope you end up with some half decent resolution to this at some point. Gonna take time methinks.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Sorry Man, that sucks. I'd be pissed too. I wish I lived near you, you could borrow my KLX230 till you get your own.

7 minutes ago, RD52 said:

Oh man, that truly sucks. Is the dealership going to do anything for you?? They made a profit on the sale to you, at a minimum they should refund you that piece.

Private sale. Guy bought the bikes from a dealership (and 5 other dealers in a week period) with fake checks, then sold the bikes private sale. And since MN doesn't title bikes, there's no tracking them unless you register for trail use.

Dealer doesn't give a shit, they just want their bike back and I'm left holding the bag. I even changed the oil, swapped out springs, and changed the chain and sprockets. All which I loose to the dealership.

• Sad 3

43 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Damnit that is awful, truly a lesson learned in "buyer beware". :(

The real sore deal is since there's no title, our DPS (DMV) won't run the vin to see if it's stolen or has a lien. Same goes for ATV and snowmobiles in MN. That was a real eye opener for me.

• Confused 1