Dirt Bikes

kilo3

Well I now own the world's most expensive klx300r. Original dealership's owner finally got wind of all the shenanigans and wanted out. We split the cost. Yadda yadda pain in the ass. Oh well, bike is mine, I paid a lot in stress and cash.

We bought a number pack because my boy likes stickers, he choose my number lol. 😂

PXL_20231102_010307897.thumb.jpg.68c8ab86b9760c3faa696e917f46c624.jpg

We should be ready to rock next spring.

PXL_20231021_193603451.thumb.jpg.d82cdc5bc7556204308708de651ec264.jpg

Even picked up a decent trailer on the cheap, which means it's probably stolen in my experience...

PXL_20231022_222301957.thumb.jpg.fcc99857ec21f7bb44cdc641f69544c8.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 2

Glad you ended up with a bike, at least ... even if your quest for inexpensive was blown out of the water.

Just make sure you get enough smiles from it to offset the BS.

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• 3 months later...

Glad it all mostly worked out in the end. Now you'll just have to keep the bike a long time to get that annual cost of ownership down to an acceptable level.

It's been a weird winter in MN. I have more miles on my motorcycles than I do on snowmobiles.

Buying non-titled vehicles (four-wheelers, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, etc...) in MN can be a real stressful situation. I always ask for proof of ownership by registration and sales receipt. If they don't want to provide that, then that's a deal breaker.

For liens, you can do a UCC search but that is super expensive if you purchase it yourself and most banks won't do it unless you are financing with them.

I recently dropped $12,500 large on a used snowmobile, and even when you try to take all the precautions, you still walk away not feeling 100% sure...

20240210_114540.jpg

Edited by roadwarrior
fixed spacing
  • Thumbsup 4

9 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Glad it all mostly worked out in the end. Now you'll just have to keep the bike a long time to get that annual cost of ownership down to an acceptable level.

It's been a weird winter in MN. I have more miles on my motorcycles than I do on snowmobiles.

Buying non-titled vehicles (four-wheelers, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, etc...) in MN can be a real stressful situation. I always ask for proof of ownership by registration and sales receipt. If they don't want to provide that, then that's a deal breaker.

For liens, you can do a UCC search but that is super expensive if you purchase it yourself and most banks won't do it unless you are financing with them.

I recently dropped $12,500 large on a used snowmobile, and even when you try to take all the precautions, you still walk away not feeling 100% sure...

20240210_114540.jpg

Nice sled.  Love the XC's.  Can't make it out on my phone ... 850 or 650?

5 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

2022 Polaris 850 Switchback XC

The Big Dog!

• Thumbsup 1

On 2/15/2024 at 5:27 AM, Ride365 said:

Sleds might be even more fun to ride for me than motorcycles.......just don't get enough snow where I live to ever have or enjoy one. LOL

Yea, if I had to pick one, I would probably take snowmobiles as you get the dirtbike and streetbike experience combo-plattered into one machine.

Here in northern MN we get about four months of snowmobiling and five months of motorcycling. It generally works out pretty good. It's those in-between months that are hard to take. 

• Thumbsup 1

The problem with sleds, and the reason I got rid of mine, is you have years where you don’t get enough snow for them to actually get used. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, you can’t ride. On a bike, you pretty much just get wet. 

The plus to sleds is you get access to public and private land, not to mention trails everywhere. You don’t get that on a bike. 

Wife and I both sold our sleds before we got married. Logistically its a tough proposal living in the cities. Storage, trailer, driving to snow... it sucks.
Would 100% have sleds over streetbikes if we had the resources/didn't live in concrete hell. Would probably keep the dirtbikes tho.