Finally, no more wind buffeting....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rszk
Awesome. I was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure if would work with the way the roundness of the screen was.
How is the screen flex at 70-100mph?

• Premium Member
Which size spoiler is that? I've been meaning to get one (or to build one from a sheet of lexan) because I was pretty sure it would help, but hadn't got around to measuring for fit or just pulling the trigger on the small one and hoping for the best.

[edited to change "model" to "size" for clarity]
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Which size spoiler is that? I've been meaning to get one (or to build one from a sheet of lexan) because I was pretty sure it would help, but hadn't got around to measuring for fit or just pulling the trigger on the small one and hoping for the best. 
[edited to change "model" to "size" for clarity]
It's the medium size...(MD - 25cm x 10cm with a clamp width of 20cm)

Awesome. I was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure if would work with the way the roundness of the screen was. How is the screen flex at 70-100mph?
The model is round itself as well...it's actually a perfect fit...(http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor)
Not sure what you mean with the screen flex...? Tested at 90-95mph and was OK & stable.

• Premium Member
Not sure what you mean with the screen flex...? Tested at 90-95mph and was OK & stable.

If it's doing its job properly it should reduce buffeting of the screen somewhat. 
Thanks for posting this, I've ordered mine.  If I can get rid of that last bit of buffeting the bike will be pretty near perfect.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

If it's doing its job properly it should reduce buffeting of the screen somewhat. 
Thanks for posting this, I've ordered mine.  If I can get rid of that last bit of buffeting the bike will be pretty near perfect.

I was planning to test ride the PUIG touring screen for the FJ-09 but didn't like it since the hand protectors would need to come off ....The store where I was doing the test ride came with this solution...and it's exactly what it needed...
I'm pretty much done now with the farkling....next week...roadtrip to either the French Alps or the Italian Dolomites...(depends on the weather).. :P

Guest rszk
Awesome. I was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure if would work with the way the roundness of the screen was. How is the screen flex at 70-100mph?
The model is round itself as well...it's actually a perfect fit...(http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-clip-on-windscreen-visor)

That's great.  With the extra winglet I was wondering if the Ermax screen would flex at greater speeds.  If you are at 90+mph and the main screen doesn't flex with the added winglet that is great to here!  A friend of mine has one, so I can try it first. 

Archived