Tips for adjustments for a giant rider

Hi fellow tracer riders! Recently purchased my very first bike and it was a Tracer 900 2018. And to give some context for my title, im a quite large fella standing at 2m (~6ft6") and I was looking to customize my new treasure with some ergo adjustments. I want my arms and shoulders to have a more comfortable position and I was looking at installing risers. And my second note is for the lower parts... footpegs, to free up my knees a bit.

I'm seeking advice from other well built riders if you have any experience to what brand for either risers or footpegs. Is there pegs I can install without having to adjust brake/shift lever and if I install risers, do I have to rearrange the wiring/cables? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

P.s. sorry for the poor English, 2nd language user..

• Premium Member

I'm not sure a Tracer was such a great choice for a first bike, so get some professional help (riding and psycho).

You have a huge challenge (couldn't help myself) ahead of you (and another pun).

Do searches on the forum and you should find everything you need if not want.

Handlebars and footpegs changes will always come compromises, and create side-effects that must be dealt with.

Saddles and suspension are even more important when your heavy, the latter being pricey but absolutely necessary. 

Enhancing brakes is relatively easy and inexpensive. 

Safety first, håll gummisidan nedåt

Well I find myself sitting quite good on the bike, and what do you mean with the tracer is a bad first bike? Is it to much power or some other aspect? When it comes to riding i have a lot of experience from earlier age with dirtbikes etc. (I know it's not the same, but still).

Before buying it I did an extensive research with pros and cons and with and I learned that the suspension is a somewhat budget suspension and the previous owner actually replaced the forks. 

But OnT, i understand that mods to the bike can give side effects and i just wanted some guidance and tips from riders with similar conditions regarding ergos for bigger riders. 

But yes i will keep searching the forum aswell!

• Supporting Member

I'm 6'-1" with a 32-33" inseam, for me the most immediate change needed was more relaxed knee position so I had a taller seat built which added about an inch to the height.  You can find foot peg lowering adapters but the brake and shift pedals only have so much adjustment range.

The handlebar risers are reversible to move them slightly further away if needed, you could then get bolt-on bar risers or taller bars, though you can only go so far with the stock cables. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Taller seat, move the bars to the forward position, risers (I think you can only go an inch or so before cables start to bind) or different bars if you need more room, and lowered footpegs. You won’t get away with not adjusting the brake and shift levers so try that all first before doing much else. I’m 6’3”, 240lbs and changed the bars to the forward position, went with the Yamaha comfort seat, adjustable levers and was super happy. 

• Supporting Member

Hi 'New Member',

Welcome to the forum. I have the oppisite problem... short legs 😁

Congrats on the new bike and we welcome your input going forward.

Here are some threads that may interest you.

Ok guys, i will start by adjusting the handlebar first! If you have any specific brands/models for possible risers and pegs that will require minimum of adjustments regarding wiring and levers would be greatly appreciated.

Also the comfort seat sounds interesting since I plan on doing long trips.

5 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Hi 'New Member',

Welcome to the forum. I have the oppisite problem... short legs 😁

Congrats on the new bike and we welcome your input going forward.

Here are some threads that may interest you.

Juicy reading for sure! I can see from some of the posts that the seat should be a priority.

Thanks and good look with your opposite problems. It ain't easy being different sometimes 😂