List Of Seat Options

root

• Premium Member
With the Bultex foam option, the seat works out at £262* delivered to the UK - tempting, very tempting.

*edited the price as the carriage estimate was wrong once I put my address in to the basket.

Some info/marketing bollocks for Bultex foam

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a new one - I was looking up a source for some Ermax products and came across this Diva seat just launched by Bagster (at Silverstone a French retailer), makers of the Baglux tankbags so popular in Europe. 278 euros for the standard pair of seats which includes the piping in a range of colours. You can spec Bultex foam for 32 euros, gel inserts for 89 euros, heating for 135 euros or combinations. In £ sterling the base pair of seats is £203 so this seat is a lot cheaper than the Corbin seat for European riders.

selle-ready-l-tracer-1.jpg
The UK importer will stick a £ sign in front of those numbers which is a rip off, as there are currently 1.36 euros to the £

There is also a cheaper option without the add-ons, the Presto - although you can choose the colour of the piping
nice find @wessie I might have been interested if I could get it for a decent price stateside. 

• Premium Member
I wish there was a way to make this a wiki so I wouldn't have to be the only one to maintain the list. :/
Welcome to the world of the DFV! 

(dumb fúck volunteer)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I guess I'm fine with it until I get my seat. If I'm happy with it there's no guarantee I'll be motivated to keep updating the original post.
It's a job for a moderator - one who likes things to be organised in lists.  
Paging Ken, redfjniner, to the DFV corner. 

• Premium Member
http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php He did my bandit seat quick turn around and cheap.It was a better seat after he got done
"Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods" - A friend (who has had two ST1100 seats done by him) also recommended this one to me recently.  Apparently a number of the ST1300 riders have also used him and liked the results.

Has anyone tried him yet for an FJ-09 seat?  He's based in Florida and it looks like he's been doing this for awhile.  I'd be interested in hearing more about how well the seats have turned out for touring distances.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Rider_Magazine_Review.html   (article is from 2007)

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php He did my bandit seat quick turn around and cheap.It was a better seat after he got done
"Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods" - A friend (who has had two ST1100 seats done by him) also recommended this one to me recently.  Apparently a number of the ST1300 riders have also used him and liked the results. 
Has anyone tried him yet for an FJ-09 seat?  He's based in Florida and it looks like he's been doing this for awhile.  I'd be interested in hearing more about how well the seats have turned out for touring distances.

http://greatdaytoride.com/Rider_Magazine_Review.html   (article is from 2007)

I already have him on the list.  I have no experience with him though.

Good list. I think I may be the only one that finds the stock seat comfortable though? Maybe it was built for 6'7" giants...
Thank you.  I've heard several people say the stock seat is fine / good for them.  I think seats are just a very, very personal thing.  A seat you may hate, someone else may love.  That's part of why I'm having such a hard time figuring out which seat I'm going to go with.  All the options, you spend the money and if you're not happy, sucks to be you.  Unless you can find someone close to you that's already forked out the money and is willing to let you try it, there's no way to know before you buy if it's really going to work for you.  The stock seat is fine for me if I keep it under 40 minutes of riding.  There seams to be a shelf that runs right under my thighs that just starts to dig in after that.  You being 6 inches taller than me could certainly change the angle your legs are at so that shelf is not a problem for you.

• Premium Member
Good list. I think I may be the only one that finds the stock seat comfortable though? Maybe it was built for 6'7" giants...
Is it because you have a fat arse or just that the pain signals have so far to travel to your brain that they peter out?

I know I've said this until I'm blue in the face, but I took my stock seat to the same local upholstery shop I had used on other projects and said "this seat's too hard!" and for $50 he removed the cover, added and shaped extra foam (while still keeping the original cover)and put it all back together. For me, it totally solved the problem for $50. And, they told me when I picked it up that if I still wasn't satisfied they would be glad to modify it some more. I have no idea why people will order a $500 seat sight unseen in the hope that it will solve the problem without first giving this simple solution a shot. The truth is, most people in the upholstery business deal with motorcycle seats all the time. It ain't brain surgery.

Archived