Shorai Battery

The replacement of the "stock" lead acid YTZ10s battery with a Shorai battery will reduce the high center of gravity by 4.7lbs. Properly maintained, the Shorai will last 5 times longer than a lead acid battery.
This is the second Shorai battery I have owned, the first one was on my VTR for over two years before selling the bike, replaced the Shorai with a stock lead acid then I sold the Shoria to fellow VTR owner.
Highly recommended.

• Premium Member
I have bought many Shorai batteries for my dirtbikes and always had good luck with them. The best part is the ability of the battery to maintain a charge longer.
I just bought a much cheaper Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery that is working out great so far. No long term review yet though as I just bought it.
LiPo Battery link 

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
The price of Lithium Iron batteries seems to have dropped - in the UK, the YTZ10S equivalent is now around £100 so a lot more than you pay in the US.

This is about 3 times the price of an AGM battery and twice the price of the genuine Yuasa AGM replacement.

I'm not convinced replacing a knackered AGM battery with a LiFo battery is worthwhile and to replace a perfectly good Yuasa battery with a LiFo battery on a new bike seems like madness.

IME AGM lead acid batteries last long enough, being a huge improvement over wet lead acid batteries. - the Hawker Odyssey battery fitted to my R1150GS in 2004 was still working when I sold the bike in 2011. The OE Yuasa was still on my 2010 Super Tenere when I sold the bike in 2015.

If the price of LiFo comes down to what you pay in the US, under £60, then I might reconsider my view.

YMMV of course.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived