Recent threads or recent posts ?? Please vote!!

Ok, so up top next to the Forum button is a button that can lead to either all recent posts or lead to all recent threads.

It used to be "Recent Posts" and I got complaints.

Last night I changed it to "recent threads".

I have decided to put this up to a vote. Let's take this week and decide!!

Which do you prefer ??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
needs a DGAF button otherwise you do not know how many people have considered the options.

Personally, I never use it. I look for folders with "new posts", open that folder in a new tab and then expand any threads I want to read into a new tab. I do this using Chrome on my laptop or phone. If I am not interested in a folder's contents e.g. exhausts, I use the Action drop down to mark the folder as "read".

I've managed to read thousands of posts and compose over 1200 of those posts myself.

If you don't do it my way you are doing it wrong :)

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
if there is going to be a filter, I prefer one for "threads with unread posts" then you can click on the "new posts" icon to take you to the first unread post
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Yes, that way works good but the delivery .. And no, all I needed was a basic poll. No DGAF button needed. This is the only data I need.
'
I usually use the "Bookmarked" tool that I I built into this place and mass bookmark threads to the stuff I wanna read and later, mass unbookmark easily . I spend my time on Macs and Linux machines that update all board info into a directory locally.

People are free to use the forum any way they choose and prefer.

Another easy thing to do is copy and paste the RSS feed into anything you want. Some like to put that rss link I just posted into a feed reader like this http://feedreader.com/ or Google reader.

Or set up an interactive email account.

The methods are many and in the end its what ever ea member feels most comfortable with. I spend 80% time in the back end of this and the other sites.

• Premium Member
Ok, so up top next to the Forum button is a button that can lead to either all recent posts or lead to all recent threads.  
It used to be "Recent Posts" and I got complaints.

Last night I changed it to "recent threads".

I have decided to put this up to a vote. Let's take this week and decide!!

Which do you prefer ??

I prefer "Recent Posts" (assuming you can't have both :^). I check out the forum often enough that it's more convenient for me to scan the recent posts to keep myself updated on what's going on in all areas (including brand new ones like this one). If I feel the need, I can always click on the thread link and easily review previous related postings.

With "recent threads" I have to go to each one to check out any new posts. 

Just my 2 cents...

• Premium Member
Personally I prefer recent threads. I dislike sorting through all the posts I'm not interested in.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
Just wondering... Can you have a button for both?
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Just wondering... Can you have a button for both?
don't see why not - there's spare space on the second line of links in the banner for another button

Archived