Recent threads or recent posts ?? Please vote!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that so many people prefer the recent posts. Personally, I much more like the recent threads as it's easier too read: you don't have to go through 5 pages everyday, just pick the posts that you're interested in, right click shift open in new tab. It's also the way it's setup on all the other forums that I follow regularly so I was surprised when I saw that setup on this forum.
As mentioned by others, ideally we could have both options.
I can't vote though, does that require a premium account or is it because I don't have enough posts?

I prefer threads because I like to seek what context things are said in. Also, many times in the recent posts, I end up reading a conversation backwards and mixed with other conversations. All that being said, I have the recent threads page bookmarked so I don't even have to even go to the main page.

• Premium Member
Recent posts gets my vote. If I want the thread then I can click on the thread title in the post and jump to the thread.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member
I may be doing things wrong, but my problem with "recent threads" is that when I click on a thread it jumps me to the first message in the thread, not the recent posting(s). So I end up clicking again to jump to the end. That's a lot of clicking.

I lik(ed) "recent posts" because it allowed me to get a nice cross-section of the whole site activity at a glance. I ended up perusing a lot of threads I just wouldn't have clicked into otherwise.

I would like to have both available if that's possible, so I can pick and choose according to mood and inclination, but if you're going to have only one I really prefer "recent posts" despite how busy it can be.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
I may be doing things wrong, but my problem with "recent threads" is that when I click on a thread it jumps me to the first message in the thread, not the recent posting(s). So I end up clicking again to jump to the end. That's a lot of clicking. 
I lik(ed) "recent posts" because it allowed me to get a nice cross-section of the whole site activity at a glance. I ended up perusing a lot of threads I just wouldn't have clicked into otherwise.

I would like to have both available if that's possible, so I can pick and choose according to mood and inclination, but if you're going to have only one I really prefer "recent posts" despite how busy it can be.
see the blue "new posts link" ? 
hover your mouse of the blue icon. You should get a bubble pop up - if it gives the 1st line of the 1st post then move your mouse pointer until the bubble says "view newest unread post". I then right click to open the thread to the point where the new posts begins. 

This is using Chrome browser on a Windows 10 PC or Chrome browser on my HTC Android phone. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
see the blue "new posts link" ?
Ahh, I thought that was notational, not clickable.  Thanks! 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

I can't vote though, does that require a premium account or is it because I don't have enough posts?
You should be able to vote,  the click options are maybe not that obvious on the left of either option, the square box is maybe not easy to see - try and click on the one you wish to have, a tick ought to appear against your choice. 

Archived