VCycleNut Flash

He did mine also. Much smoother, nice that it starts up in 'A' mode, but he can set it up to start in which ever mode you choose. I have a buddy that has an FZ09 with a flastunes flash and it has zero engine braking. It is very disconcerting to ride. When you shut off the gas, the bike doesn't slow at all. Vcyclenut leaves some engine braking in and it feels much better.

just make sure you clearly label your ECU as an FJ, he flashed mine as a FZ the first time.

• Premium Member
He did mine also. Much smoother, nice that it starts up in 'A' mode, but he can set it up to start in which ever mode you choose. I have a buddy that has an FZ09 with a flastunes flash and it has zero engine braking. It is very disconcerting to ride. When you shut off the gas, the bike doesn't slow at all. Vcyclenut leaves some engine braking in and it feels much better. 
just make sure you clearly label your ECU as an FJ, he flashed mine as a FZ the first time.
Not exactly true, the choice is A mode, or standard. No option to start in B mode. I have the software. I agree that some engine braking is desired, at least for my riding style. I have it figured out for my style.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
The engine breaking is an adjustable feature with an ECU flash. Just tell them how much you want (more or less than stock). It's completely personal preference.
It can be a pain to figure out, as engine braking is adjustable by gear and rpm. For me it was trial and error and I am not finished yet. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Assuming the flashes are priced the same, why wouldn't I use the forum supporter business? Aren't these more or less the same service?
I'm not sure they are the same on either price or overall product.  I believe they start off with the same flash tune.  From there, I know 2wheeldynoworks tunes the fueling on the dyno specific to the exhaust on the bike and have posted the dyno results to prove their results on this forum for various exhaust options on the market now.  This aspect is more of an art form to get the most out of an engine.  From what I understand, they are among the best in the business at this.  There is a 4+hp boost at the rear wheel just by their tune on an otherwise stock bike.  That's pretty significant for a bike that starts at 103 hp at the rear wheel. They will also re-flash for free as long as you cover shipping if you ever change your exhaust or want ECU options changed.  So, unlocking service is the same, but vcyclenut will tune it differently than 2wheeldynoworks.  Also, 2wheeldynoworks supports the forum both monetarily, just enough to help pay for the servers and bandwidth to keep the site operating and free, but also contributes solid evidence of which performance parts actually improve the bike the most to the forum community.  There's at least one exhaust I've heard of that's worse performance than stock without the tune.  There's no way to know this without the dyno results they have posted.  They are really a great partner, and worth supporting in my opinion. 

2wheeldynoworks helped flash tune develop the tune for the FJ-09. All tuners get their tunes from Flashtune as they own the codes. But, 2wheeldynoworks is the company that Flashtune works with to develop the tune, then on down the line other smaller tuners pay flash tunes for a tune license to flash their customers bikes. But some don't bother to pay Flashtunes for ea license and pocket all the money. I'm not accusing any certain tuner of doing this, but 2wheeldynoworks has always done things the right way and they flash more bikes than anyone else out there.

• Premium Member
Now if you only want to have the speed limiters removed and not tuning, where do you go for that?
Buy your own harness like I did (the software is free). It costs a plenty, but you can make modifications over and over for the same cost with immediate satisfaction.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Now if you only want to have the speed limiters removed and not tuning, where do you go for that?
Buy your own harness like I did (the software is free). It costs a plenty, but you can make modifications over and over for the same cost with immediate satisfaction.
Except you'll never know you're actually making improvements without a wideband and a datalogger and a dyno to prove the results.

Archived