My oil is better than your oil !!

Ok, lol, the oil threads on bike forums are always fun to read.

What oil do you use in your "broke in" bikes?

I know an old guy who always uses the cheapest car oil that he can find, but changes it every 2500 miles. He has three bikes that are over 100,000 miles on original engines.

What say ye?

My friend has a Goldwing with 160K miles uses oil and filter from Wallyworld and changes it every 8000 miles..............and doesn't have a crush washer under the drain plug. It does burn about 1/4 quart every change. I have 7 bikes and use dino oil with whatever filter I can find and change per owners manual........been doing it this way since 1966.

• Premium Member
I am a big fan of Mobil 1. Never a problem and shifts smooth. On the other hand, I hate Rotella T as it caused all my bikes to shift hard. It is excellent oil, just causes me rough shifting, so I will not use it again.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I used the Shell Rotella T on my FZ1 and enjoyed the way that it smoothed out the shifting.
That is great that it worked for you, but it would be very difficult (read impossible) to convince me to try that oil again due to my most negative experience with notchy shifting. Pass.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived