First Look at the Sargent Seat

• Premium Member
First look at the Sargent Seat for FJ-09. This one is heated, but I imagine the unheated will look pretty much the same.
Looks a lot like the Seat Concepts in shape and look.

[video src=https://youtu.be/cTdSA_pNHlI]

I've also sent them an email notifying them that the European model is NOT an MJ09 Tracer, but a MT09 Tracer.

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
I think the Corbin looks WAYYY nicer
Yeah, the Corbin seat does look better. But the proof in the pudding is how it feels.  Looking forward to the reports on that...
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Save your money, and invest in having the current seat re-trimmed! ... The issue I have with 'aftermarket' seats, is the fact that they are designed to accommodate all riders! So unless you are the tester, you might find it to be; too wide / too soft / too firm, etc

I always visit my local seat re-trimmer, and it's shaped to my body and weight. Plus I can specify the look and trim! :)

I think the Corbin looks WAYYY nicer
Would I be wildly wrong if I guessed you were from the US of A? The Corbin looks like one of those quilted king & queen seats you used to see on 1980 Z900s. Bloated, and totally out of keeping with the lightweight exciting nature of the FJ / Tracer.  

Still, if a nation can take Donald trump seriously...

The Sargent looks almost as good as my Bagster.

The Corbin looks like one of those quilted king & queen seats you used to see on 1980 Z900s. Bloated, and totally out of keeping with the lightweight exciting nature of the FJ / Tracer.

Agree 100%. IMHO, the Corbin looks way out of place on the FJ. Looks like an old-school cruiser seat.

• Premium Member
The Corbin looks like one of those quilted king & queen seats you used to see on 1980 Z900s. Bloated, and totally out of keeping with the lightweight exciting nature of the FJ / Tracer.
Agree 100%. IMHO, the Corbin looks way out of place on the FJ. Looks like an old-school cruiser seat.
+1 Agreed. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Sargent-Seats-Yamaha-FJ09/ 
It annoys the crap out of me that they continue to list this as the MJ-09 Tracer. Get your model numbers straight! I may end up buying one but I'm still annoyed they can't get the overseas model number right.
I sent them an email a couple of days ago mentioning their error. Their website is fixed now showing MT09 Tracer.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Archived