No Love

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
When I ride my Harley plenty of metric bike riders blow me off.....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Am I the only one that gets a little tired of acknowledging every other biker on the road? I do my best, but sometimes, there are so many motorcycles, I never really ever get two hands on the grips at the same time.

I miss the good ole days when you only occasionally ran across another 2-wheeler. That being said, I do try to acknowledge as much as possible, to avoid the reaction like jrkman had, but sometimes it is a chore.

On the other hand, being obviously defiant in his refusal to return the gesture shows you more about him than you, or your fine piece of machinery! Unless of course he had a bee caught in his helmet.........

Bee in the skull cap ouch. Ya it gets tiring sometime. I'll only do it if I have a hand free. Sometimes I get the deuces when I'm operating the clutch and it just doesn't work out. I feel like a jerk for a second and then carry on.

A quick head nod is not too much to ask for... Sometimes, coming up to a stop or leaving a light, your left hand may be busy.... Pirates are far too cool to acknowledge us lowly ATGAT riders.

I really don't care if people wave or not, and sometimes, I'm too busy doing motorbike stuff to wave.

However... I ride a sweet 1982 Honda Urban Express moped around my city (Minneapolis) on a regular basis, and I *always* try my best to throw out the low slung wave to all the fringy potato potato bikes I see wobbling around the urban core. It's fun to act like I feel I'm a part of their 'rebel lifestyle'. While riding my moped.

• Premium Member
I don't bother with Harley riders and they generally don't bother with me. Hardly surprising since a Harley is an unnecessarily loud car with two wheels in my book.

• Premium Member
I want to know why everyone points at the ground now. We used to actually wave at each other. I returned from my seven year motorcycling sabbatical to find that the wave has morphed into some sort of gang sign.

• Premium Member
I want to know why everyone points at the ground now. We used to actually wave at each other. I returned from my seven year motorcycling sabbatical to find that the wave has morphed into some sort of gang sign.
It's a conspiracy! 
When I did my motorcycle class to get my license in Washington State, the instructor shared that the correct form of waving was the two finger down low. I was surprised, having mostly seen/used a friendly wave at shoulder level. But in my experience riding in the NW, most folks do indeed use the low 2-finger wave.

Maybe he was trying to shake rain drops off his visor...

I get waves back 90%+. Harleys, BMWs, overgrown scooters, doesn't seem to make any difference. I don't see any particular Harley/other brand hate over here.

Also, have been doing the two fingers down low since I started riding in the early 2000s. I have no idea why that's the wave, but that's what it is.

Had someone wave back the other day who brought his hand up to shoulder height in front of him, elbow bent down by his torso and waved his hand back and forth kind of furiously. He definitely looked goofy, but if you are on two wheels you are good in my book.

I worked with a guy that said that if you didn't ride a Harley you were a piece of crap.  I asked him why does riding a Harley make him better than me?  He gave me the whole American better than Jap bikes routine.  I said "Ok, how many times have you had to work on your superior American made motorcycle in the past 5 years?"  he gave me the "Well uh..." and tried to dodge the subject.  I said "I have owned my 2006 Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic 'Jap piece of crap' for 3 years and only had to work on it once when the stator went out after I put 20,000 miles on it. (it had 10,000 on it when I bought it)."  He said "Well Harleys are just cooler".... You can see where this conversation is going... in circles.  I have run into quite a few hard core Harley riders and they were all douchbags.  But then again I have seen quite a few import riders that were douchbags too....   But I think Harley douchebags are the worst out of them.

What do you think?  I think its as cool as any Harley out there.
8ydYy93.jpg

TmQsYH5.jpg 

8XKFzMy.jpg

• Premium Member
In SoCal many Harley riders are too cool to wave back. On that note:
My nephew did not have a motorcycle until 2 years ago. I took a class with him and was stunned how poorly he rode. He acquired a Harley and immediately became a Harley hardass expert. Sportsters were for women only blah blah. Yep, Harley douchenozzle.

Archived