Anyone with a silver/blue extended their fairing stripe?

So I've noticed a few people with red bikes have continued their little fairing stripe by filling the groove in the side panel with some matching wheel tape (which so naturally continues that line on the fairing, I don't know why Yamaha themselves don't do this).

I think that looks great and I'd like to do the same with my silver/blue, but I'd like to avoid the guess work of trying to figure out whether a color on computer screen is going to match the blue on the bike if someone has already done this.

If anyone with a silver/blue has already done this and found a tape that matches well, can you let me know what brand/color you bought?

So I got some Keiti brand blue wheel tape and...it doesn't match :( , it's much to light and the difference is noticeable to the point where it would not look good. While it looked like it might be a darker blue than some other brands in the pictures I saw, it's the same shade of blue as every other blue wheel tape I've seen. They're probably all just rebranded 3M tape.

So my next shot is some non-reflective dark blue striping tape that I found on www.vinylstriping.com. If that doesn't match, I'm giving up, I've already spent $15 too much and I despise the uncertainty in matching computer monitor colors to real life.  I'll be getting 150 feet of the stuff because that's the smallest size they had...so if it does match, I'll have enough left over for like 25 other board members!

I'm also in search of the elusive blue pinstripes for my '16 Matte Silver/Race Blu. The dark blue pinstriping from this hobby shop did not match color (too dark) or size (too thin):

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJ881&P=FR&gclid=Cj0KEQjw-YO7BRDwi6Stp7T296ABEiQAD6iWMSGXnj4qyiMNgmUSRFjvqTooPdNxZCR7ouRV12cxTMAaAqR58P8HAQ

The search continues, looking forward to hearing how your vinyl striping works stevesweetz!

So I got my order from VinylStriping.com and it looks pretty good in pictures, but in real life, there's a bit more noticeable difference in the colors.

It's definitely a much closer match than the blue wheel tape I bought, but it's still a little too bright compared to the blue on the bike.  The Yamaha blue has a fairly purplish tint to it (I've seen people on other forums refer to it as "Yamaha blurple") and it seems quite hard to match.  It's also metallic and tends to change shade depending on the angle you're looking at it, while the vinyl tape does not.  I can't say I'm 100% pleased with it, but I'm very picky and this might be as close as I'm going to get.  You can kind of see the most difference in the 3rd pic.

Since I'm now stuck with like 145 feet of this tape leftover (see seat), I would be happy to mail other US owners plenty for both sides plus mistakes if you kick me a few bucks (via Paypal) to just cover cost of a beefy envelope and postage (I have to go look at envelopes, but suspect it should be no more than $3 total).  Let me know if there's any interest and we'll sort out the details.  Just know that it's not an exact match like I said.

stripe1_zpscashljmk.jpg

stripe3_zpsxelalpf0.jpg

stripe2_zps4apw7yvz.jpg

So I got my order from VinylStriping.com and it looks pretty good in pictures, but in real life, there's a bit more noticeable difference in the colors. 

Trade-in time, methinks. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived