FJ-09 dyno numbers!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
115MPH, while I'll probably never go that fast, is a pretty low top speed for a bike of this caliber. shitbox (KL.R) would top out at about 92MPH. 115 isn't that far off.
I highly doubt that is the top speed.  I'd say 132mph at a minimum, and possibly over 140mph.  Unless it's electronically limited by Yamaha. 
We'll find out soon enough, as some owners pass 600 miles and some close in on 1,000 miles.  The engine should be fully broken in (according to Yamaha) at 1,000 miles.

Maybe they let the horses run at full speed then?

Could it be that since Yamaha is going to offer a trunk for this bike that they have tested it and that they experienced high speed wobbles as noted on an earlier post and decided to limit this bike to 115 mph?
to confirm i did have wobbles... at 106-115 with a top box, never removed to test again, but today, i will check my tire pressure, steering alignment bearings and such to check if its anything i  cant see with my eyes. 

The guy in this video complains of a wobble, too.  See it? 

I wonder if has something to do with the front end being so light?

Or a design flaw?

Might have to invest in a steering head damper?
I have felt the wobble too.  I might add that the road was bumpy, the large ones that upset the suspension on the second whoopdedoo (?).  I must say it wasn't any worse then most stock bikes.  Did not cause any issue and does not worry me, but I weigh 160 lbs.  If you weigh 230 it may be an issue if you ride aggressively.  And last but not least, I see a wobble in GP bikes and somehow they seem to manage. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Put my bike back on the dyno because the speed limiter question was on my mind. And........
As others have reported....190Kmh in 4th gear and higher. (Interestingly dyno showed only 109mph, and it is accurate as it is a measured roller dimension used to calculate speed) Begins slowing or "rolling over" at 185 and levels of at 190. I really hope someone can confirm that it is gone after break in mileage has elapsed.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
Put my bike back on the dyno because the speed limiter question was on my mind. And........ As others have reported....190Kmh in 4th gear and higher. (Interestingly dyno showed only 109mph, and it is accurate as it is a measured roller dimension used to calculate speed) Begins slowing or "rolling over" at 185 and levels of at 190. I really hope someone can confirm that it is gone after break in mileage has elapsed.
I am over 600 miles now, so maybe this weekend it will get a workout. Stay tuned.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Put my bike back on the dyno because the speed limiter question was on my mind. And........ As others have reported....190Kmh in 4th gear and higher. (Interestingly dyno showed only 109mph, and it is accurate as it is a measured roller dimension used to calculate speed) Begins slowing or "rolling over" at 185 and levels of at 190. I really hope someone can confirm that it is gone after break in mileage has elapsed.
I am over 600 miles now, so maybe this weekend it will get a workout. Stay tuned.

I've had my bike up in speed on the highway several times now and it was most definitely over the 115 mark if I recall correctly. I'm at 1700 miles currently. I think the last time I saw 120 was around the 650 mile mark possibly.

• Premium Member
I've had my bike up in speed on the highway several times now and it was most definitely over the 115 mark if I recall correctly. I'm at 1700 miles currently. I think the last time I saw 120 was around the 650 mile mark possibly.
I am going to meet with David (I assume that is your name) tomorrow and we will see what is what. Looking forward to it.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
it was most definitely over the 115 mark if I recall correctly.

That made me chuckle a little. (rofl) 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
So David and I took off today to go try out the limiter. At 700 miles, mine would not go above 114 today (closed course of course). He is at 1700 miles and his is still limited also. Sorry to report that news, but it is what it is. >:D
The good news is we got rained on and my trusty steed did not slip all day.
Oh,  David rides the poop out of his Grey one. I didn't think the grey ones could go that fast. :D

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Not surprised, just disappointed. After some reading on FZ forums, it seems the throttle maps are gear dependant. If we could figure out how the gear indicator logic works, I'm sure it can be tricked (to think its on 3rd for example) temporarily until flashes are available for these.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Archived