PROBLEMS AND WARRANTY CHANGES

Hello people.
I am having some issues with problems that is under warranty cover..
If I wouldn't read this in another forum, I wouldn't know, so what I am asking, is for people to talk about the warranty changes they did, so we can notify possible problems.
I talked to Yamaha Portugal and it seems that they will change the side panel, design fault... and also a piece of the rear shock that becomes rusty easilly...

Warranty changes so far?

All the best

@brunofranco = Critical Rider?? Been watching your videos on your Tracer since you bought it. Was thinking about talking to my dealer about the side panel issue. Haven't noticed anything with the rear shock yet.

Only warranty claim I have made is the revised Cam Chain Tensioner. Supposed to have one on order, but haven't heard from my dealer in a while.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I am not Critical rider.. I just saw his video and I believe we should talk about the problems and join all together to force yamaha to solve thems....

The wooble thing, should be Yamaha fixing it... why should we have to pay 400 for a motorcycle problem?

• Premium Member
Thanks for sharing this. I've been blessed with a great Dealer. If I have these issues I'll discuss with them. Usually a service bulletin is sent to dealers which makes it easier to get something done. My shift quadrant was replaced before I got my bike and the CCT was done later with no hassle.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Hello people. I am having some issues with problems that is under warranty cover..
If I wouldn't read this in another forum, I wouldn't know, so what I am asking, is for people to talk about the warranty changes they did, so we can notify possible problems.
I talked to Yamaha Portugal and it seems that they will change the side panel, design fault... and also a piece of the rear shock that becomes rusty easilly...

Warranty changes so far?

All the best

I have got 38,000 miles on mine, ride in the rain all the time here in the PNW, and don't have either of those problems.  Are your roads salted?  Are you using the seat in the high position or low.  And for those that haven't had the plastic break, get a file and fix it before it breaks, then you won't have to take it in.  Thanks for posting these issues, for those that need to get them fixed, I hope the U.S. dealers will do the same.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I too had a rusty rear shock, as others discussed here http://fj-09.org/thread/1201/rusty-rear-shock

I was watching for it since the bike was new.
As soon as it appeared I treated it with phosphoric acid and it has not returned.
I live 10km from the beach, well away from the salt spray, and rarely ride there.
We don't use salt on roads here (average temperature 23C/74F).

I suspect some rust on vehicles is caused by bleach in domestic cleaning products...

The side covers I modified as per the discussion at http://fj-09.org/thread/1008/cracked-side-panel

Guest reeseyboy
I've had the side panels replaced twice, CCT, heated grips and front discs/pads all replaced under warranty. Helps if you nurture a decent relationship with your dealer; getting it serviced there helps....

Hi guys,

thanks for this issue with the rear shock. Unfortunatly I found on my bike the same rear schock rust problem. Today I've made the contact with my Yamaha dealer. He was very polite, but he doesn't know anything about this issue. At first he ask the importore what to do officialy, but his opinion is that, it should be changed, it cannot be stayed rusty:)
I will write if the story continues...

Here's my today morning made Photo:

20161022_Tracer_rug_stag.jpg

Hi guys, 
thanks for this issue with the rear shock. Unfortunatly I found on my bike the same rear schock rust problem. Today I've made the contact with my Yamaha dealer. He was very polite, but he doesn't know anything about this issue. At first he ask the importore what to do officialy, but his opinion is that, it should be changed, it cannot be stayed rusty:)
I will write if the story continues...

Today I got the official answer from my Yamaha dealer: they replace it for free as a warranty issue!

Archived